Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Redknapp: Loss Undeserved

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp said he couldn’t fault his players’ performance after their 2-0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion.*
The former Spurs boss was adamant that his team didn’t deserve to lose at the American Express Community Stadium, and felt the display was the best of the season from his men.
He told the post-match press conference, "It was very frustrating as I felt we were waiting for a goal to come for us and our keeper had gone all game without a shot to save, then suddenly we find ourselves 1-0 down. But that's football, it can happen.
"I thought it was going to be a hard game but it wasn't that hard, even though we lost. I'm the first to hold my hands up when we get beaten, we were useless at Nottingham Forest and we got well beaten, we were terrible.*
"But I couldn't fault our performance tonight – for 80 minutes I thought it was as good as we'd played.
"We didn't take our chances. We got some great opportunities but I felt we didn't get a break but we dominated the game.*
"We were solid at the back, strong everywhere, we just needed a goal. If we'd got our noses in front it wouldn't have been a problem but that's how it goes."

Despite the defeat Redknapp is still confident his side can overhaul the nine-point deficit between them and second-placed Burnley, as Rangers aim for an immediate return back to the Premier League. *
He added, "You've got to keep going haven't you? It's going to be tough to make the top two and we're short up front.*
"We lost Kevin Doyle on Saturday and we've already lost Charlie [Austin]. But you saw all the play tonight, the chances, the build-up, the play at the back and the work in midfield. We made chances but we just couldn't get on the end of anything and score.
"It's going to be hard. When I was at West Ham we were ten points clear of Portsmouth in third with ten games to go. With two games to go they were three points in front of us. It'll be difficult but it can happen."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here