Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any comments on Bennetts Field last night?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I had to use BF last night and it did get a bit chaotic once they opened the gates, It wasn't the fault of the stewards it was purely down to impatient drivers not willing to wait their turn and trying to push in on others and I eventually exited the car park at 22.45. We did have some amusement though when a driver 2 cars up from us got out his car and started ranting at the driver behind him for nudging his bumper, He opened his door and started yelling at him and then tried opening other people's car doors to tell them what had happened and then his girlfriend got out and started as well, All the time that was going on I was thinking if your that concerned about getting your bumper touched then BF is probably not the best place to take your car.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yer, its not a field any more. Its a car park.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I had to use BF last night and it did get a bit chaotic once they opened the gates, It wasn't the fault of the stewards it was purely down to impatient drivers not willing to wait their turn and trying to push in on others and I eventually exited the car park at 22.45. We did have some amusement though when a driver 2 cars up from us got out his car and started ranting at the driver behind him for nudging his bumper, He opened his door and started yelling at him and then tried opening other people's car doors to tell them what had happened and then his girlfriend got out and started as well, All the time that was going on I was thinking if your that concerned about getting your bumper touched then BF is probably not the best place to take your car.

My squeeze loves her bumpers being touched

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Isn't that what bumpers are for? The clue is in the name.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On my own last night so left the ground at 21.43 and was over the bridge to the uni car park and I n the car by 21.51 then on the A27 within five minutes. Happy to have moved from BF :lolol:
Clear run home until I got to the top of the M40 - road closed and a 20 mile detour through a shooting gallery of speed cameras so not home til 1.30am same as usual.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On my own last night so left the ground at 21.43 and was over the bridge to the uni car park and I n the car by 21.51 then on the A27 within five minutes. Happy to have moved from BF :lolol:
Clear run home until I got to the top of the M40 - road closed and a 20 mile detour through a shooting gallery of speed cameras so not home til 1.30am same as usual.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That's weird. You've got a duplicate post 13 minutes apart. Unless of course the club has extended its time travel option to include colliding multiple universes.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The people impatiently beeping their car horns in the queue despite the fact the gate was still shut as per club's much-publicised instructions probably could have saved themselves some stress...

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard

Yeah so you keep saying ....

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard

Yeah so you keep saying

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Forgive me for the ignorance.
Surely BF is for 1901, those with the money who should be kept happy. If I spent a fortune on a 1901 ticket I'd expect priority everything, including a car park with easy exits. In my mind these idiots in 4 x 4's spend more than me on a ticket and so deserve priority. That said, QPR match all P&R's were packed and I joined the Mithrus queue at a point furthest from the front than ever before buy still got to the car by 10:10. Well done guys.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

I did the same as you was home by 10.15 (hove goldstone) so miles better

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Car park was open 40 minutes after final whistle and we just drove straight out. Marginally slower than Saturday, but still quicker than it has been in the past.

Seems like a lot of people have moved though, car park was only two thirds full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here