Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Oscar (Boy called Josh)

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Dear Oscar,

In the heart of inner city Liverpool there is a boy called Josh. He's mad on football and supports the Albion. Every day after school, come rain or shine Josh out the back playing football. Josh has a Brighton duvet, teddy, wallet, posters and of course a blue and white strip. He lives, breathes, sleeps the Albion. His first ever match was last season against Huddersfield. We were going to pay on the gate but Mr. Buckley senior happened to be at the turnstiles and kindly gave us two tickets. It was very fitting that Buckley bagged a brace for victory that day. Josh's next match was away at Leeds, Ulloa scored in the final minutes and we won 2:1. The next planned match was Wigan away, Josh saved his £1 pocket money for five weeks to buy a ticket only to discover the week before that it was Auntie Margaret's 75th birthday so he wouldn't be able to go! We checked the fixtures and realised the next possible match wouldn't be until his birthday on the 15th March. But wouldn't you like a birthday party? "No I want to go and watch Brighton" came his reply. So for months, Josh has been counting the days to his next match. This Saturday, Bolton away, there will be a little boy called Josh in the stands. You won't see him but he will be watching you. It will be his seventh birthday. Now I don't know what motivates the players to play for the Albion. Maybe it is you, maybe their team mates, the fans. I don't know why you want to beat Bolton on Saturday, professional pride, the chance of the play offs and premiership glory. I don't know who or what motivates you, but if you only play for one reason this Saturday, please play your heart out for a little boy called Josh.

Yours sincerely,
His Dad.

ps Nice win last night.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lovely post.

For Josh read John and Mid Wales instead of Liverpool and you've just described my son.

:bhasign: :thumbsup:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Excellent Post, Happy Birthday Josh. I for one after reading that would be happy to don the stripes and play my heart out.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Nice post.

p.s. Josh - if you get to read this I firmly believe £1.50 should now be the going rate for pocket money in the current economic climate. Have a word with your dad.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Great post!

Happy Birthday Josh, sing your heart out on Saturday and roar us to victory.

Big shout to your Dad as well, he's clearly bringing you up the 'right' way!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here