Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Q,P,R and Leicester at home, something in common???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Best two results and home performances of the season so far, credit to the lads. What's the one glaring fact that can be taken from both games??? More positive approach, especially in the second half last night. More than 1 goal, ball not going across the back line time and time again and getting it forward quicker...I've been wondering how this can be??????......oh yes, Gordon Greer played six minutes against Leicester and was out last night. Also think we were more positive against a good Hull side at home when he didn't play....Will he be straight back in on Saturday??? My guess would be of course he will, but you can only hope the penny has dropped......Credit where credit is due, well done to all concerned last night. Now can we PLEASE learn from it!!!!!!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
After Dunk's performance I think Greer might find himself on the bench on Saturday. Dunk had a great game, hope he keeps his place.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Best two results and home performances of the season so far, credit to the lads. What's the one glaring fact that can be taken from both games??? More positive approach, especially in the second half last night. More than 1 goal, ball not going across the back line time and time again and getting it forward quicker...I've been wondering how this can be??????......oh yes, Gordon Greer played six minutes against Leicester and was out last night. Also think we were more positive against a good Hull side at home when he didn't play....Will he be straight back in on Saturday??? My guess would be of course he will, but you can only hope the penny has dropped......Credit where credit is due, well done to all concerned last night. Now can we PLEASE learn from it!!!!!!

I have read some rubbish in my time but your post takes the biscuit. We had our first shot on target in the 68th min last night. We were not positive. There was only one team in the game until the 77th min. If you think our attacking approach to the game is determind by who plays at centre back, then you are mad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Leicester and QPR came here to give us a game, the majority of teams worry they will get opened up if they decided to try and play against us at home. Nothing really to do with GG lol.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have read some rubbish in my time but your post takes the biscuit. We had our first shot on target in the 68th min last night. We were not positive. There was only one team in the game until the 77th min. If you think our attacking approach to the game is determind by who plays at centre back, then you are mad.

I thought I said more positive in second half or did you chose to skate over that bit. Yes Joey Barton ran the show in the first half and they looked a quality outfit, with nothing up front. Whatever happened at half time was right because Barton was hardly noticed second half. But in general the ball was moving forward more quickly out of the back line. If you don't call that a more positive approach then far enough. I suppose it's just as negative is the ball is moving forward quicker!!!!! and for the record if you don't think 95% of everthing we do at home, goes though Greer, then I suggest you start watching another sport, because Greer dictates most of our play, everything generally starts from him, when the other team have settled and got themselves organised normally.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What about the win at home against Burnley with Greer in the team? have we forgot about that one?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have the tightest defence in the league, and Greer plays nearly every game.

Are you an idiot on purpose?

And so do the other three and the keeper, or are you saying Greer is the main reason???...I said nothing about Greer's defencive qualitys, this is all about getting the ball out of the back quicker and if people can't see that's what happens when he doesn't play, then it's not me that's an idiot

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The common denominator is that I was wearing my pants inside out and back to front for both these games, (both games having been played on the 4th day of my wear rotation) this clearly creates some sort of force field around our goal whilst simultaneously increasing the ability of Spanish footballers to put a decent ball in, and if I hadn't gone for a piss in the 67th minute against Leicester, we would have kept a clean sheet in both games.

Apart from that, there were more differences between the two games than similarities.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Whilst I think the OP's logic is flawed, I do believe we are better having replaced Lopez and Greer.

All we need to do now is replace Andrews with Stephens and we might be getting somewhere.

Buckley/March Ince Stephens Lingard Orlandi/LuaLua midfield with Ulloa up top for the rest of the home games and we should make the play-offs.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The referee was the same one, as stated on other threads. :clap:
Did think Dunk looked liked he's been playing week in, week out last night. Hope Oscar doesn't become the "tinker man" and changes the team too much for Saturday.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Q,P,R and Leicester at home, something in common???

Was it that you had a right old moan up before both games?

:)

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Whilst I think the OP's logic is flawed, I do believe we are better having replaced Lopez and Greer.

All we need to do now is replace Andrews with Stephens and we might be getting somewhere.

Have to agree with this.

While there is no doubting Greer's quality & his leadership, I do feel he has been off the pace in many games this season & the only reason his mistakes have not been highlighted more, is due to either the opposing teams inability to profit from the mistake or PIG & the rest of the defence bailing him out.

Dunk while not having the experience or leadership certainly has more pace & in the games he played this season has been very good (as said by Oscar in his interview).

That said with Oscar's comment of "he still has to learn" I cant see Dunk getting picked over Greer (when available) anytime soon.

In relation to Andrews, I cant remember a stand out game for him but can remember plenty of Poor decisions, passes etc & thats just the last 2 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here