Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Clarets......

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Great win for the Seagulls last night. Obviously, it helped our promotion hopes while, more importantly for you, boosting Brighton's play-off chances.

Hopefully, we can return the favour before the end of the season - we've played Derby, Forest, QPR and Blackburn twice (I go down as far as Blackburn), but our LAST 3 games are Wigan (h), Ipswich (h) and Reading (a).

I hope we can get automatic and, if so, I see a play-off line-up of Derby, Wigan, QPR and Brighton. Good last day fixture for you at Forest.

Hope we take advantage of your help with a good result at Birmingham tonight but I have an uneasy feeling - Blues have to win another home match some time and a bobbly pitch will not help our style.

I also hope we won't be a little bit flat after the emotional "derby" win on Sunday and we will need to keep a close rein on their star loanee midfielder Emyr Huws (Man City) who has been getting rave reviews. He was rated Wales' best player after Gareth Bale when making his full international debut last week.

But thanks to the Seagulls last night, a setback for us would not be as bad as if QPR or Derby had won.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good luck.
I hope Burnley go up, especially if it prevents one of the clubs flagrantly breaking FFP by a massive margin (Forest and QPR) getting their wish of PL football no matter the rules.
Dyche has done a fantastic job.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully, we can return the favour before the end of the season - we've played Derby, Forest, QPR and Blackburn twice (I go down as far as Blackburn), but our LAST 3 games are Wigan (h), Ipswich (h) and Reading (a).

Nothing personal, but fingers crossed that you drop a few points in the next few weeks. We don't want your lads 'on the beach' before those last three games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hope Burnley or Derby get the second spot; it's good to see at least one of the FFP piss takers - QPR and Forrest - not get promotion.

Gerrit in t' mixer.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Yes, it's mostly down to Dyche. I can see him being head-hunted by a more ambitious club quite soon, especially if we don't go up (ie miss out in play-offs).

We are already resigned to losing Trippier and Ings even if do go up. Too many big clubs are circling like vultures.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Good luck.
I hope Burnley go up, especially if it prevents one of the clubs flagrantly breaking FFP by a massive margin (Forest and QPR) getting their wish of PL football no matter the rules.
Dyche has done a fantastic job.

All of the above.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Keep winning Clarets....see you in Division 1.

:thumbsup:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Maybe Paul Barnes will score the goal (at Reading perhaps) which helps Brighton clinch a play-off spot.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Birmingham have only won 1 game against a current top half team all season.

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/vtophalf.html

Thanks for trying to reassure me, but before last Saturday Derby had not lost to a bottom-half team ALL season. Winning/Winless runs all have to end some time so I was hoping Blues would beat QPR on Saturday.

Derby are top of the Championship against teams in the bottom half and Bournemouth are a surprising 5th.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here