Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR fans maximising the quality of our seats...

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
Surely, I wasn't the only one to notice that the overwhelming majority of QPR fans (and the tannoy announced a shade under 2,000 this eve) remained seated during most, if not ALL the game. Just found that unusual as traditionally the away fans, well, stand! Or was it some optical illusion due to their horizontal striped shirts or whatever?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Yep. I said to my mate that was the biggest proportion of away fans sat down at The Amex. Even Reading had more standing up.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I noticed that too. Very odd. Maybe sitting is a novelty for them? To sit at Loftus Road you need to be less than four foot, or have your kneecaps wedged under your chin, or legs dangling over the shoulders of the person on front of you........

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We noticed that too. Very unusual for a large away following to sit quietly in their seats like that all game. Assume their current form was responsible for the rather flat atmosphere emanating from their end.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just you wait till Ipswich return next week. Never the most animated of supporters, expect some slumped comatose over library books. Others, quite possibly, dead.

I bet they'll have a great banner though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I bet they'll have a great banner though.

T-M-556-Quiet-Area-Display-Banner.jpg
?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also thought their numbers to volume ratio was pretty poor. Got to be the quietest away fans I've (not) heard considering their numbers. A few songs at the start and a few oooohs and aaahs, but that was about it.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How many tickets were they given ?

Thought they had 2700 ?

If true selling under 2k pretty poor IMO.

Anybody got the stats to hand for other away attendances this season or even last?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Qpr were silent last night. Very poor support.

I don't think that's true. It's just that our stands were rocking, and you don't hear ANY other stand if the stand you're in is noisy. I was in the north last night, which was lively. We barely heard the west, but mates of mine who were in there said they made a lot of noise...

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
For about 10 seconds near the beginning of the match they were the loudest away fans we've had, then didn't hear from them again

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
to be fair i thought they were pretty loud at points. they didnt chant all that much, but they made a hell of a noise afew times when they broke away and counter-attacked

anybody know what happened about halfway through the game? lots of interest on their stand, wasnt sure what it was though

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just you wait till Ipswich return next week. Never the most animated of supporters, expect some slumped comatose over library books. Others, quite possibly, dead.

Was surprised to see they took over 1,000 down to Yeovil last night after a trip to Middlesbrough at the weekend, hats of to them.

D

Deleted member 22389

Wonder if they are going to prepare a little banner for us, like last time. Embarrasing. It didn't make any sense either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here