Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp's post-match comments - in denial?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I thought that was as good as we've played all season...for 80 minutes we completely controlled and dominated the game, it was like there was only one team in it, I don't think Rob Green's had a shot to save, it was...you know... we just couldn't score."

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"I thought that was as good as we've played all season...for 80 minutes we completely controlled and dominated the game, it was like there was only one team in it, I don't think Rob Green's had a shot to save, it was...you know... we just couldn't score."

Well he's not that far out with those comments is he ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If that's as good as they've played all season you would have to question how they've got so high up the league really.

Nothing special , we allowed them to come at us and defended really well overall - the thing I will never get is why we leave it late to properly go for it!! reminds me of the Charlton and Leicester home matches last season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ahh yes, I thought I saw him leaving the Amex tonight

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Redknapp: "I thought it would be a hard game tonight but it wasn't, even though we lost. We dominated the game, just needed a goal." #bhafc

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Harry Redknapp bemoaning lack of a goalscorer, with Doyle injured. "We got done completely against the run of play." #bhafc

Attachments

• arry.jpg
    arry.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,518

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, I'd say if that was the best they've played this season, they must be a pretty poor team, but, Rob green only had to make one save before the goals, and QPR were the only team that looked like they would score.

I thought we seemed to get the ball and as soon as we got to the half way line, or a bit inside their half, they would stick a foot out and easily dispossess us, whereas they made it to our penalty area before we stuck a foot out and easily dispossessed them.

21 shots for them, 4 for us. 54% possession for them.

I think 2-0 flatters us, and can see where he is coming from, but would say he has only slightly overstated it.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
It was a much of muchness game. They had quite a few half chances and we struggled to find a final ball until Bruno delivered that cross. Going into the last 15 it could have gone either way, so I can understand why Redknapp is a little aggrieved. Given their side it's hardly surprisingly they had us on the back foot for spells, we did well to limit them to mostly efforts from outside the box. Top marks go to Oscar though for his substitutions.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
QPR vs Brighton 2013/2014:

Games played - 2
Goals scored - 0
Goals conceded -2
Points -1

Bet QPR fans are delighted that 'Arry finds it so easy to play teams like us. They'll have the ease of playing those same teams all over again next year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How many of their 21 shots were long-range efforts that either went wide or were comfortably saved? They had very few clear cut chances and PIG was never at full stretch. Moreover, it shows a lack of respect for us and the fact they've not managed a goal again us in 3 hrs of football.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
According to BBC website = Brighton 6 shots, 3 on target. QPR 21 shots, 8 on target. He has a point.

Most of QPR's attempts were hopeful shots outside the box, and the ones they got on target were soft and straight at Koosh. Considering the ref was their 12th man handing free kicks left right and centre I am not surprised that they had the opportunity for more shots.

I never felt the need to chew my nails in this game and it was only a couple of times that I felt we could have conceded because we were hard to break down and we were fairly solid at the back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think they were better than us. I think they have individual quality but as a team they stink.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They were better than us and had 90% of the refereeing decisions.

The difference is we put our chances away. That's it.

A reversal of the Wigan game, then?

The other difference is that in his post-match comments following Wigan, Oscar said: "Wigan are a good side and they took their chances. We weren't clinical and that is why we did not win"
Redknapp "I thought it would be a hard game tonight but it wasn't, even though we lost."

You can't buy class, no matter how many brown envelopes your dog owns.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A reversal of the Wigan game, then?

The other difference is that in his post-match comments following Wigan, Oscar said: "Wigan are a good side and they took their chances. We weren't clinical and that is why we did not win"
Redknapp "I thought it would be a hard game tonight but it wasn't, even though we lost."

You can't buy class, no matter how many brown envelopes your dog owns.

Absolutely. My dad said the same thing. "We stuffed Wigan and lost. QPR stuffed us and lost"

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I was there. He's talking total bollocks.

Being fair, they were a very good side, the best at the Amex this season I think.

But the rest of the quote given above just confirms him as a myopic, one-eyed winker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember I think Morrison hitting a great long range shot that needed a good save, and Kuszczak spilled a lot of their shots, and he is still be spoken of as a man of the match candidate in the MOTM thread, so they couldn't have been too routine/easy.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
To be fair, how many times was TK tested? Morrison's shot in the first half was a pot shot which was fairly routine really, and one down low in the second half...but I can't think of any others. They had a lot of efforts from distance that went well wide or over but nothing you could say was really a clear cut chance. Before the goal I thought we could've played against each other for a week and neither side scored, both defences are too strong and both attacks too predictable. Considering dodgy Harry appeared to have done some sort of favour for the ref in the past, given how many decisions they got, he should rightly be gutted to have lost. The cheer in the 44th minute for the first free kick that went our way was nearly as loud as celebrating the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here