Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That bloke, WSL who headed the ball back

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good skills. Great to see that. Along with a dog running on the pitch, there's certain little things in footie you don't see enough of nowadays.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Two decent moments from the WSL:

1. Header back from the WSL - South end.

2. Retaining the ball when we were leading and it had gone out for a QPR throw - North end.

Great work fellas.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent header, & rightfully took a bow afterwards. Soak it up, son.

And, as Bozza has said, bravo also to the man at the more northern end of the WSL who tried to make the QPR player walk all the way over to him to collect it. Applause all round.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There was no dog, more's the pity. I was bemoaning the little things that have been left behind in the modern game...like wagon wheels for sale at the game, Fred Oliver selling Shoot, Match and Argus...dogs running onto the pitch and blokes heading the ball back from the crowd. Not seen that last one in ages. Sod's Law that it happens twice in one game!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Anyone remember the Club secretary getting the sack at the Goldstone around 1989? We were playing Man City and won 1-0 but the ball went out over by the west and the club secretary (I think) wearing very 80's glasses nodded the ball into the West Terrace. Man City complained and unjustly the guy had to resign I seem to recall. It more like hit him bang on the top of the head and went out, I dont think the guy had any idea where the ball would end up. Also he seemed to be sitting on a camping stool much like the Press photographers used to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone remember the Club secretary getting the sack at the Goldstone around 1989? We were playing Man City and won 1-0 but the ball went out over by the west and the club secretary (I think) wearing very 80's glasses nodded the ball into the West Terrace. Man City complained and unjustly the guy had to resign I seem to recall. It more like hit him bang on the top of the head and went out, I dont think the guy had any idea where the ball would end up. Also he seemed to be sitting on a camping stool much like the Press photographers used to.

Club secretary?

That was Keith Cuss, the somewhat mature (age-wise at least:lol:) head of the ball boys, who quite deliberately- and amusingly- back headed it into the crowd when we were a goal up in a tight game against City. He knew exactly what he was doing, wasting a few seconds, though I'm also fairly sure it was a largely spontaneous act, and not part of a dastardly plan.

City complained (rightly, really) and he got fired from his ball boy duties.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here