Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar-please keep Dunk in team on Saturday!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
For me a better, more reliable defender to play alongside Upson than Greer at present, with better distribution and nowhere near as prone to a calamity.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
He was excellent and was great to see him coming to meet the ball and when he had the ball at his feet he would bring it out of defence and look for the pass. Very good to see him starting.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
For me a better, more reliable defender to play alongside Upson than Greer at present, with better distribution and nowhere near as prone to a calamity.

Totally agree....it was the Greer in no matter what policy it seems that lost us el-abd

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And to think that, had El-Abd not moved on, Dunky wouldn't have played a league game this season.
Tonight, Lewis was outbattling Prem players, whilst Adam was seeing red for fighting.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Red card or not, I think Greer has needed some time on the bench for a while. He is so careless with his passing and, for me, is easily the weakest link in an otherwise strong back five. Just look at the number of backpasses from him that have been intercepted by strikers this season. I think we've conceded three times because of it and there have been several more chances missed, yet it's not happened once as a result of an Upson backpass. That's not a coincidence. It also annoys me that he's captain, because he seems an entirely uninspiring character who leads neither by example nor vocally. Dunk was excellent last night and if we can get him back to the form he showed pre-court case then there is no reason why he shouldn't be picked ahead of Greer on merit every week.

Having said that, I bet Oscar takes the easy option and puts Greer back in on Saturday.

While there is no doubting Greer's quality & his leadership, I do feel he has been off the pace in many games this season & the only reason his mistakes have not been highlighted more, is due to either the opposing teams inability to profit from the mistake or PIG & the rest of the defence bailing him out.

Dunk while not having the experience or leadership certainly has more pace & in the games he played this season has been very good (as said by Oscar in his interview).

That said with Oscar's comment of "he still has to learn" I cant see Dunk getting picked over Greer (when available) anytime soon.

Oh & while not a back pass was Wigan's first goal at the the Amex not a result of Upson's poor pass getting intercepted ????

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Dunk has been outstanding in two home performances now - last night and against Hull in the cup - but he'll get the same treatment El Abd did when Greer is available again. Back to the bench.

Personally, I think Dunk has done enough to keep his place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here