Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's trains...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Park and ride for me tonight. Seems like a wise decision for evening games.

I did notice a lot of QPR fans leaving early (thus ignoring their own direct train home later on). Perhaps Southern weren't expecting additional fans at that time?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Am about halfway to London now so it could've been worse. If the trains were all 4-carriagers, which they sometimes can be, the harumphs may have deafened in the wispy cold. Home in an hour and a bit. Glad for my scarpering at the final whistle and always my feet donned with Asics to enable darts of portly pace.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I said on another thread they was an eight car into brighton that didn't stop at Falmer at about 21:50 and the next one didn't come for another 10 minutes, crazy

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
After speaking to a rail worker at Falmer, he said that the delays had been caused by some kind of train which "cleans rails". No one knew what the **** was going on. Where's the accountability?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that a bunch of ****ing morons were in charge of organising the trains. Beyond bad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trip back to Lewes was a bit slower than usual, queue was held up after 10 due to QPR being shepherded onto a direct train to Victoria that was/wasn't/was stopping at Lewes. It eventually did stop at Lewes. Previous train (about 10.05) left Falmer with some space in the rear coaches which (probably rightly) annoyed a few people. Still hime in Burgess Hill before 11 so no real drama.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Trip back to Lewes was a bit slower than usual, queue was held up after 10 due to QPR being shepherded onto a direct train to Victoria that was/wasn't/was stopping at Lewes. It eventually did stop at Lewes. Previous train (about 10.05) left Falmer with some space in the rear coaches which (probably rightly) annoyed a few people. Still hime in Burgess Hill before 11 so no real drama.

To be fair that train is 8 coaches and the rear two don't open at Lewes and the majority on the train get off at Lewes hence few people get on the back two

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair that train is 8 coaches and the rear two don't open at Lewes and the majority on the train get off at Lewes hence few people get on the back two

There were a few in the queue on the ramp around me that were Eastbourne bound so were a bit miffed.......

Colt6

Mar 9, 2014
Still home in Burgess Hill before 11? 9 miles in 90 minutes sums up the shambles at the ground. All that money spent on the stadium but they insist on making fans queue for an hour to get a train. Just to sum up, you can fly to Paris in the time it takes for you to get a train 4 miles to Brighton station :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
When a special train is laid on for 'local' teams, why not wait until 10.30, & sell beer etc in the away end until then.
Brighton fans were prevented from going on the platform when the 9.50 Seaford train went. The next train was 10.05 to Eastbourne, so 30 mins after the end of the match.
4,trains had gone to Brighton in that time.
The special didn't stop at Lewes as I watched it go through whilst waiting for my connection, which was late.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
The QPR special waited over 20 minutes in platform 2 and held everything up. That made everything late but what made it worse was that someone transferred #shoutyman to platform one. He keeps it all moving and we need to start a petition straight away to get him back! This was not Southern's finest night and they must be taking £100k a match, so it shouldn't be beyond their ability to get at least one train to Eastbourne within an hour after the final whistle?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not very bright having separate lanes for Lewes/Uni Parking/Special Train on the approach to the bridge, then the lanes suddenly cease to be once you're actually on the bridge and its one scrum fits all :dunce:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I've just walked through the door at West Worthing at 23.47; a full two hours after the final whistle. I got the 10.06 from Falmer to Brighton - I'm not quite sure what happened in between. The crowning glory of this farce was when approx 25 irate passengers ran up to the front of the train to find the conductor as the doors didn't open on the 4th carriage at Lancing and apparently 30 to 40 people were trying to squeeze through the internal doors to the third carriage to get off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here