Does anyone else feel lucky tonight?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
3 shots on target...

Abysmal first half...

QPR looked good...

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed tonight. Very entertaining finish, and we played well. But did we really deserve a 2-0 victory?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
3 shots on target...

Abysmal first half...

QPR looked good...

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed tonight. Very entertaining finish, and we played well. But did we really deserve a 2-0 victory?

Yes. For all QPR's fabulous talent, right from the off I noted they really don't work hard enough when they lose the ball. Not massively so, but enough to be noticeable. We on the other fought and worked and put bodies on the line. If we were fortunate I think we earnt that right through sheer determination. In the end we showed composure at the right moments, scored a beautifully crafted first, and a smash & grab second. I couldn't be happier!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yes I do, punk. Better than feeling grizzled with misfortune surely. Had our chances and took them, whilst most of theirs were only from a distance and fumbled thanks to individual self-interest.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought it changed when Ince move further forward, and Andrews moved back into Bridcutts old role, far better for both of them, and the team

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just heard Harry on SSN. 'Best we've played this season, can't believe we lost, dominated the game, just couldn't score'.........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
3 shots on target...

Abysmal first half...

QPR looked good...

We didn't look like winning that for most of it. Tommy K was brilliant with his hands again but the distribution from the back was woeful. Andrews was outclassed in midfield, Lingard looked lightweight and Ulloa disinterested. A Premier League quality side made us play to their strengths, slowly pumping the ball for Hill & Dunne to gobble up. But.....but......we did to them what Wigan did to us. Created two good chances and one average one and tucked two of those away. QPR had more of the ball and more chances but never looked like clinically finishing them.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Maybe we were lucky and I do feel for long periods of the game we were outplayed but it was a really enjoyable game.

Anyway who cares, lucky or not . . . . . .

WE WON

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Don't think it was that bad the 1st half. We put a lot of hard work in during that 45 mins.

Ref didn't help in the first half. Took him until the 44th minute before he gave us a foul and he was roundly cheered. I do admit I would like us to show more urgency on throw ins and dead balls, but tonight was a good result. Watching Harry on Sky saying they bossed the game for 80 minutes was laughable yes they played better than us in the first half, but we controlled the second. Talking to QPR fans after the game they are not impressed with Harry or his back-up team and they thought we deserved to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here