Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Championship - Top 10 ***

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As it Stands.

Forest, Reading and Wigan our current rivals for a Play-Off spot.
We have a game in hand.

12 games left and a target of 74 total points.

This means we need to gain a minimum of 21 points needed from the final 12 games (1.75 points per-game).

Doable.

30mqomo.jpg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
At this rate we may well need 77/78 points. 12 games, 7 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! :D
By the time we play Leicester(a) they may well have a cigar on :smokin:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
74 won't be enough this season

Whatever the number we're going to have to finish above Forest and they have extremely straightforward looking home games. I can see it coming down to the wire and our trip to The City Ground on final day

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
74 won't be enough this season

Whatever the number we're going to have to finish above Forest and they have extremely straightforward looking home games. I can see it coming down to the wire and our trip to The City Ground on final day

To be fair, our home games look straight forward too. Ipswich might be tough but we need to and should win the other four.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's all about winning at Bolton on Saturday, and then seeing where we are.

No need to cloud the thinking with anything else.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What matters is what the points total for seventh place is, we just need one more than that, or the same points with a better goal difference.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Purely personal speculation but this is how I see it...

Wigan have won their last four league games on the bounce and have just turned over Man City at their place. I still find it hard to imagine that they won't make it to a playoff spot. The top four have enough clearance from the rest of the pack that they would seem to be safe enough to finish top 6.

That leaves one playoff space left to fight for between us, Reading and Forest.

Forest are stuttering now and I would be surprised if they managed to hang on. As for Reading, I just don't know.

Too close to call but I think it is likely to be between us and Reading for the last spot.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One game at a time, everyone will make mistakes at some point,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Purely personal speculation but this is how I see it...

Wigan have won their last four league games on the bounce and have just turned over Man City at their place. I still find it hard to imagine that they won't make it to a playoff spot. The top four have enough clearance from the rest of the pack that they would seem to be safe enough to finish top 6.

That leaves one playoff space left to fight for between us, Reading and Forest.

Forest are stuttering now and I would be surprised if they managed to hang on. As for Reading, I just don't know.

Too close to call but I think it is likely to be between us and Reading for the last spot.

Don't forget Derby. If we win our game in hand over them, Derby will only be six clear of us, and have suddenly forgotten where the goal is. However, I really don't see QPR finishing outside the top 6.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
To be fair, our home games look straight forward too. Ipswich might be tough but we need to and should win the other four.

Agree entirely, It's quite possible that we'll both need to get maximum. We've got more aways to play than they have but there's might be a fraction tougher. I suspect Wigan are gone and it'll be a 3 way fight ... saying that, this league is so unpredictable which adds to the fun!!

140312 Footie.png

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wigan, Forest and Reading. We need to finish above 2 of them. It's that simple.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Agree entirely, It's quite possible that we'll both need to get maximum. We've got more aways to play than they have but there's might be a fraction tougher. I suspect Wigan are gone and it'll be a 3 way fight ... saying that, this league is so unpredictable which adds to the fun!!

View attachment 51941

I might be mistaken, but in this latest chart you have Burnley down as getting ZERO points against Blackburn last Sunday.

The last time I looked on this forum about a month or so ago, your predictor chart had the Clarets down as finishing 7th or 8th. Hope we do come second as you now predict.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anyone seen Forest's recent form? Think Leicester last season.
74 will be enough.

Reid has been hugely influential for them this season and their wobble coincided with him being out with hernia prob's. He came on last night in a fairly decent draw so I doubt they'll go the same way as Leics.

I think it might come down to whichever can produce the best away form

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here