Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Alan Pardew: Newcastle United boss banned for seven games

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been handed a seven-game ban by the Football Association for his headbutt on Hull's David Meyler.
He was involved in an incident with the midfielder in the 72nd minute of his side's 4-1 win on 1 March.
An independent regulatory commission ruled the first three matches imposed are a stadium ban with the remaining four a touchline ban.
Pardew, 52, was also fined £60,000 and warned as to his future conduct.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Total whitewash

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It does seem fair, but if I was spotted in a fracas with an opposition supporter I may get a 3 year Stadium Ban.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I genuinely dont see what all the fuss was about. It was hardly a full blown head butt. The media just made the incident far worse than it really was.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Seems right. 'I've been nutted harder than that trying to get off with a bird and going the wrong way' is still the best analysis I've heard.

Apr 12, 2011
Seems about right to me. It was all a bit pathetic.

I totally agree. However the comment above about if a fan was seen to do the same thing is very true. The likelihood is that there may be some kind of criminal sanction in addition to a much longer stadium ban.

That doesn't really sit right with me either.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If this had been his first brush with the authorities in his position as manager, a 7 game ban etc etc would be about right.

As it it is not......a very , very lenient punishment.

No doubt Pardew would also pass a 'Fit and Proper' person to manage a football club, if the FA had such a requirement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here