Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone tell me how...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please hear me out because I am NOT defending the guy, but...

Police have to deal with scum pretty much all the time. Being taunted, abused, punched and kicked etc, while being expected to remain totally non-violent themselves throughout.

I'm not defending the guy, but what I'm saying is that I'm surprised you don't hear more stories of Police brutality. If you pulled over a drunk driver who was doing 80mph in a 30 zone with schools etc, are you telling me you honestly wouldn't be tempted to give the c*** a dig in the ribs? I'm very impressed by the restraint of coppers in most of these instances.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom

Police have to deal with scum pretty much all the time. Being taunted, abused, punched and kicked etc, while being expected to remain totally non-violent themselves throughout.

I'm not defending the guy, but what I'm saying is that I'm surprised you don't hear more stories of Police brutality. If you pulled over a drunk driver who was doing 80mph in a 30 zone with schools etc, are you telling me you honestly wouldn't be tempted to give the c*** a dig in the ribs? I'm very impressed by the restraint of coppers in most of these instances.

im inclined to agree

especially if someone bit my finger and said they had AIDS....id chin the fooooker

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I agree with what you say that many are very restrained in the face of provocation and w eprobably don't hear about those cases as much, but they are supposed to be restrained and when they are not, as in this case, they should face the consequences. It will be interesting to see what the police do i.e. whether they just take the view of the court or punish him further internally. The pictures don't look good, but still pictures can be misleading to some degree.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Agreed. I'd be dismissed within seconds of my first arrest.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's clear that she suffered a nasty but entirely accidental fall. Either that or she walked into the door.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Power corrupts...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Sorry have to disagree. You go through a lot of training to be a police officer and there's no excuse for that level of violence on a woman no matter how much you dress it up. I hope he is sacked. You can't have ********s like this trying to bring there own version of law and order.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
Completely disagree with the majority. He should be awarded a medal. Fact - she's a known shoplifter to feed her drug habit. She is outside what most people (hopefully) would consider decent society. She is resisting arrest. Live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Boy - there are some high and mighty comments on this thread - the woman was known as being violent, was aggresive before the police arrived and became more so when they did, had bit the police officer and claimed she had AIDS - no mention of how hard the officer is supposed to have hit her nor if she suffered any injuries - he now has a criminal record, could well lose his job and you think that's lenient!

Received cuffs around the earholes on a couple of occasions as a lad - I reckon you guys would be calling for the death penalty if a copper did that these days!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brett Easton Ellis nailed the human race in American Psycho. There are very few who don't have the propensity to overstep the mark given the right set of circumstances, or like Patrick Bateman, at least have the capacity to fantasize about it.

Easy to judge the officer, but stand in his shoes for a time before you do it from the chairs of your office jobs, far removed from the frontline.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry have to disagree. You go through a lot of training to be a police officer and there's no excuse for that level of violence on a woman no matter how much you dress it up. I hope he is sacked. You can't have ********s like this trying to bring there own version of law and order.

You didn't read my post in full. I wasn't defending him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see what the police do i.e. whether they just take the view of the court or punish him further internally

They'll dismiss him, of course they will. He's been convicted of a criminal assault.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brett Easton Ellis nailed the human race in American Psycho. There are very few who don't have the propensity to overstep the mark given the right set of circumstances, or like Patrick Bateman, at least have the capacity to fantasize about it.

Easy to judge the officer, but stand in his shoes for a time before you do it from the chairs of your office jobs, far removed from the frontline.

Doesn't Ellis leave the novel open as to whether Bateman was sociopath and committed the crimes or just a fantasist? (I've not seen the film...). Then again, I'm sure he left that deliberately ambiguous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here