Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet criticises critics' criticisms

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
poyet425.jpg

SUNDERLAND manager Gus Poyet has hit out at journalists hitting out at him.

The Black Cats lost to Hull in the FA Cup quarter-finals and questions were raised over the Sunderland boss’ tactics and team selection, questions that Poyet has questioned.

Poyet said: “Of course it’s the critics’ job to critique what I do, but I have to question the questions that they are questioning me with.

“I’m hearing a lot of criticism based on my decision to rotate my squad but I feel that decent critics would come up with better criticisms.

“Hardly anyone’s mentioned my inability to deal with our lack of width, my fiery temperament or my reluctance to have Lee Cattermole put down.

“And any half decent critic surely should’ve mentioned my tendency to allow players to defecate in the opposition dressing room.”

Under Poyet’s predecessor Paolo Di Canio there were no such problems with the critics, who were routinely sent to labour camps if they asked difficult questions.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...t-criticises-critics-criticisms-2014031184494

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One day Poyet might learn to keep his gob shut and concentrate on the job in hand.....but somehow I doubt it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, there's two in the first five posts.

I must admit that I'm surprised that Gus' command of English has extended to "defecate". While he was with us, he referred to "poo" in that email. Exposure to North Easterners has been very beneficial for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here