Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber: 20,000 Season-Ticket Renewals for next season

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, now which of our resident doom-merchants said we'd lose 4,000 season ticket holders next season? I might have to go & check.

Reminds me. I should go and renew mine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Assuming this includes those of us who just pay by DD and leave it to run on? Didn't notice when the deadline to cancel was as have no intention of doing so, not at a £1-odd raise per month.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given Direct Debit payers have until Thursday to cancel, this is all a little bit premature. They represent the bulk of our ST holders and, technically, they could all be phoning up the Amex tomorrow to cancel for next season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The interest free direct debit scheme is so influential in these figures. Kudos to the club. Football as a whole is too expensive but at least the Albion offer this option to make it more affordable for more people.

Still a few to go to match the rough figure of 23,500 from this season but even if we don't - 20,000 is still pretty amazing.

I guess people could still cancel their direct debit over the coming days though.

Next week should give a clearer indication on the likely season ticket numbers, once all direct debit cancellations are accounted for and the waiting list people have been factored in etc.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's actually a queue to renew via the website right now :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Food and entertainment outside. About time too. And how about some seats?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given Direct Debit payers have until Thursday to cancel, this is all a little bit premature. They represent the bulk of our ST holders and, technically, they could all be phoning up the Amex tomorrow to cancel for next season.

Or the day after if it includes Thursday

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is this the '4th season syndrome' beloved of Palace trolls since 3rd season syndrome failed to appear?

Perhaps they'll hang their hopes on the 5th season now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hmmm, now which of our resident doom-merchants said we'd lose 4,000 season ticket holders next season? I might have to go & check.

Reminds me. I should go and renew mine.

Don't bother checking it was probably me :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Best hope we win tonight then :ohmy:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Surely Mr Barber would not say that over 20,000 have signed up for next year if that was not the case?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I forgot to cancel...bollocks, ow go on then...another season beckons!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely Mr Barber would not say that over 20,000 have signed up for next year if that was not the case?

Most people will be on direct debit payments. They have until Thursday evening to cancel. I'm not doubting for a second that 1901ers + One off payer renewals + Direct Debit non-cancellers > 20,000. I also don't doubt that we will have over 20,000 next season.

But, right now, everyone on direct debit payments could phone up and cancel. They won't of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here