Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would YOU bring to the NSC pub quiz team?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pretty basic.

What area of KNOWLEDGE would you bring to a pub quiz team? What genre of question pops up and makes you instantly think "RIGHT. This is my moment".

It may not neccesarily be that you are anywhere near an expert in it...but perhaps you feel you would certainly gain your team points if a question on it was asked, whereas other teams may not know it.

Mine's WORLD FLAGS or PINK FLOYD.

Go.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wine producing regions, particularly those of Iran :thumbsup:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Reasonably solid on sci-fi, computing comic books and cricket, as well a hodge of general scientific and political knowledge. Yes, I am a massive nerd.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Schpelling and Gramer

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good: Geography, Science, Pop, Sport (Football, Cricket, Olympic stuff)

Bad: Politics, History, Sport (Horse Racing and boxing)

"Bob Champion, Aldiniti" is about the TOTAL extent of my racing knowledge.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Anything 'geeky'. Video games, films, superheroes...

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Human Biology, pre-hospital healthcare and The Jam. Although I did make the mistake of writing 'Eton Rifles' in an Intro Round when it was in fact 'Going Underground. That was in 1987. Still haunts me to this day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Computing, physics, those cryptic Dingbats type rounds, geography (i.e. knowing where places are, not that other crap you had to learn at school)

I'm also REALLY good at knowing the answer after it's been read out.

When we used to do pub quizzes at uni we always made sure we took a history student, mainly because he only had about 2 hours a week in lectures and had the rest of the time free to absorb useless pieces of information.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Computing, physics, those cryptic Dingbats type rounds, geography (i.e. knowing where places are, not that other crap you had to learn at school)

I'm also REALLY good at knowing the answer after it's been read out.

When we used to do pub quizzes at uni we always made sure we took a history student, mainly because he only had about 2 hours a week in lectures and had the rest of the time free to absorb useless pieces of information.

Could you be smug and pompous and a total prick if you had the answers in front of you, but cerebrally challenged otherwise? If so, perhaps you should apply to be the next quiz master of university challenge if Jeremy Paxman ever quits?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Could you be smug and pompous and a total prick if you had the answers in front of you, but cerebrally challenged otherwise? If so, perhaps you should apply to be the next quiz master of university challenge if Jeremy Paxman ever quits?

I reckon I could pull off "holier than thou" and with the addition of my glasses I could get that smug look down to a tee.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With 18,565 members in the team, I'd fancy our chances of winning.

Dividing up the £30 and bottle of vodka winnings might prove tricky however.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sandwiches, and a large quiche

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here