Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sacked for throwing a drunk buffoon off a bus...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
B&H Buses seem very confident that the driver did something other than "throwing drunk off bus" by over-stepping the mark somehow. Don't know we'd hear the details but reporting so far seems very "daily mail" in its one-sidedness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the same but one comment on the Argus website made me think there was more to this story than reported.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think there is more to this. Also surprising the driver didn't immediately call the police to remove the passenger. Always incredibly risky doing it yourself, not least as the guy could hurt people.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So, the drunken threatening idiot gets a £37 fine and £105 costs but the driver who was protecting the public gets sacked... To me it doesn't matter if the driver was heavy handed, as long as he weren't sitting on him and pummeling him non-stop but if you know you can get drunk and violent and only pay a £142 fine/costsif you get caught, how is that meant to dissuade anyone?

With regard the sacking, maybe he was already on a warning.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought the same but one comment on the Argus website made me think there was more to this story than reported.

There's a woman on there saying that when she was 14 the guy who lost his job was physically aggressive and threatening towards her at a bus stop. Probably more to this than meets the eye, I think.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Are you inferring that the papers don't always write the complete and honest unbiased truth ? Well I never, whatever next, bears sh*tting in woods ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There's a woman on there saying that when she was 14 the guy who lost his job was physically aggressive and threatening towards her at a bus stop. Probably more to this than meets the eye, I think.

It would only need an unproven either way complaint like this on his personal file or a disciplinary warning for something entirely different to persuade his employers what action to take.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
he wasn't the driver he was the supervisor attending the incident after the driver had called it into the depot. I used to work at the depot and knew him. always nice and polite and always looked out for his co-workers.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
He had been sent to aid the female driver and kids on board,that meant the drunk had to be taken off the bus,which he was, the Supervisor deserves a commendation.
Surely the union will take up his case.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He had been sent to aid the female driver and kids on board,that meant the drunk had to be taken off the bus,which he was, the Supervisor deserves a commendation.
Surely the union will take up his case.

It now costs over a grand to take a case of unfair dismissal to tribunal. It could be the union will only support a member if there is a 75% probability of winning the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here