Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Powell

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
New owners, and now out of the FA Cup, not that surprising.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Poor show by Charlton imho.

Feel sorry for the guy and fans who deserves better. The fans won't be at all happy, especially as they've also seen their best players go for peanuts.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's a decent bloke but that counts for nothing when your team is bottom of the table.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Whose fault is it if you're bottom of the table, having had your Board sell off your best players? Decent man, very sad times for Charlton.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He's a decent bloke but that counts for nothing when your team is bottom of the table.

Sometimes there's only so much a manager, regardless of calibre, can do (look at Magathe at Fulham for example).

By all accounts Charlton's finances are shot to pieces, the best players have been sold off and the replacements are a bunch of random loanees. Unity amongst squad, manager and fanbase would've been the only thing still going for them I'd have thought...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Desperate attempt to stay in the championship.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Short sighted as a new manager is unlikley to change much now and at the end of the day, they are bottom but have 4 games in hand on some and only need 4pts to get out of the drop zone! Next 3 games are Huddersfield, Millwall and Bournemouth so possible.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Inevitable I am sorry to say as he always came over as a nice guy and was Charlton through and through

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
A real shame that he's been kicked out. Although along with their position in the table and the dodgy new owners, it was always going to happen.

He always comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke and I would think he'll get a new club pretty soon.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very similar to the Dyche situation at Watford with new owners and their ideas although a bit worse off in the league , Powell will be snapped up like he was and I hope he does as well.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Very similar to the Dyche situation at Watford with new owners and there ideas although a bit worse off in the league , Powell will be snapped up like he was and I hope he does as well.

Charlton and Huddersfield both looked much improved on their first season in the Championship and seemed to be heading in the right direction. Powell was building a decent side, without any real signs of investment and deserves another shot somewhere.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I think being bottom of the table is a little misleading in that they've missed games for the cup run, so have 3/4 games in hand so "easy" to pick up some points and be out of the bottom 3 with Powell at the helm.

My opinion is that they would stay up if they had kept Powell, now I suspect they'll go down whoever they bring in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nice guy and always like hearing what he has to say talks a lot of sense
won't be long before he finds a job I'm sure

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Poor shortsighted decision by the owners. Another example of foreign owners being totally out of touch with reality. This could turn into a PR nightmare for the owners - I suspect the locals around SE7 will not be very happy!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think being bottom of the table is a little misleading in that they've missed games for the cup run, so have 3/4 games in hand so "easy" to pick up some points and be out of the bottom 3 with Powell at the helm.

My opinion is that they would stay up if they had kept Powell, now I suspect they'll go down whoever they bring in.
No easy points in the championship.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here