Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennetts Field Restrictions

SoggySeagull

May 16, 2011
My severely disabled son, who is a wheelchair user has been supporting BHAFC since they returned to Withdean. He goes to The Amex with his helper and they park in Bennetts Field but due to the draconian restrictions Mr Barber has imposed he had to leave the Blackburn game after 55 minutes so that he could get back to his transport and out of Bennetts Field by the 70th minute so as not to get stuck in Bennetts Field for a long time. Normally they move the transport to the outward pick up area but it has also been restricted, coned off. Do BHAFC no longer want the support of severely handicapped people and has anyone else had similar problems. I have emailed Mr Barber but so far had no reply, I have also emailed a letter to The Argus.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Regards to your post...as a disabled person myself I used to park in BF,I wrote to Paul Barber about getting out of the ground due to one of my passengers being on oxygen and the chance of her supply running out before we got home. I wrote in the evening at about 8.45pm and he replied within 18 minutes...brilliant response.
The solution was to park over at the uni in carpark 5 which is for disabled. From there mini buses are run to the ground and afterwards out to the carpark. They are capable of taking wheelchairs.Found this to be the ideal way. Hope this helps.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Paul Barber is usually very good at replying to people so I'd be extremely surprised if he's consciously ignored your question. Have you definitely got the right address?

And why write to the Argus before you've even heard what the club have to say on the matter? At least give them a chance to offer a solution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here