Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone on here follow the Bundesliga?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just wondering if anyone on here followed German football in general or a certain team.

Now the games are often live on BT Sport it has become easier.

Hertha BSC for me.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I kind of follow it, but has to be the most boring season ever this time round with Bayern just storming it. The rest of the top 4 wrapped up really with the only real excitement being down the bottom. When a team is just too good it makes it dull and that is what is making the PL this season one of the best ever, the lack of a team storming it and also no team overly crap, Palace aside.....

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Borussia Mönchengladbach. My dad lived in Rheindahlen when he was a kid growing up in Germany whilst his dad (my grandad) served in the forces. Passed it on to me.

On a side note, I'd love to do a German football stadium crawl, almost like a pub crawl, but with football stadiums.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fantastic bit of sportsmanship from Aaron Hunt at the weekend, making the ref overturn his decision when he had been awarded a penalty for tripping himself up. :clap2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Taken a lot more interest since going to games in Berlin in each of the past three seasons, twice to Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga and once to Union Berlin in Bundesliga 2 (which was every bit as good).

In terms of a TV spectacle it is very good, helped by the atmosphere inside the stadiums. And in terms of actually going it reminds me of what going to football used to be like in England. It is cheaper, you can drink more easily, you can stand, and there is singing throughout the match. What's not to like.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Borussia Mönchengladbach. My dad lived in Rheindahlen when he was a kid growing up in Germany whilst his dad (my grandad) served in the forces. Passed it on to me.

Borussia Mönchengladbach for me too as I lived in there for 3 years and went to school in Rheindahlen probably attending the same school as your Dad. I went to plenty of matches at the Bökelbergstadion and loads of European and Uefa cup semis and finals all across North Rhine-Westphalia. The new Borussia Park stadium was built less than a mile from where I used to live.
Were doing well up until Xmas and got up to 4th but have fallen steadily down to 8th since then.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Yup.. Live near Frankfurt and watch Eintracht a few times a season.. Am off to watch them against Nürnberg on Sunday..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just wondering if anyone on here followed German football in general or a certain team.

Now the games are often live on BT Sport it has become easier.

Hertha BSC for me.

I have followed Hertha BSC myself for a number of years and went to about 15 games last season including the away games at Koln, St Pauli and Union Berlin. Not been this season though. It is a cracking day out though and how English football used to be before the money, and the foreign 'investors' moved in and took over.

And whilst Buzzer does not like them I have to say St Pauli is an incredible and recommended experience. As for them being political...I'm not entirely sure where simple common decency and fairness for supporters ends and the politics begins to be honest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fantastic bit of sportsmanship from Aaron Hunt at the weekend, making the ref overturn his decision when he had been awarded a penalty for tripping himself up. :clap2:

Hmmm. I often trip myself up...but prefer to slip away quietly and hope no one notices :smile:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
As you can tell by the Avatar it's a big yes, and the next pilgrimage is weekend after next. Yes its a bit dull this year with Bayern's machine going full tilt. Keller thought we might catch them off guard last week at put out an attacking team only to be four goals down after 23 minutes. Live and learn. So its a battle for second, which considering our indifferent form this season would be a major achievement. Its still a great atmosphere, and with up to seven youth team players in the first team squad now and two more coming through the future is bright.

In Germany supporters simply would not accept a team without local or at best German players in the squad. Its a great role model for the Albion in years to come with the training centre coming on stream.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I try and catch the Bundesliga highlights on ITV4 every week but don't always manage to.

I've recently started playing as Schalke on Football Manager so am developing a bit of a soft spot for them right now

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I try and catch the Bundesliga highlights on ITV4 every week but don't always manage to.

I've recently started playing as Schalke on Football Manager so am developing a bit of a soft spot for them right now

Saw Schalke play at Hertha BSC earlier in the season. They must have had approaching 10,000 away fans in the stadium that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here