Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Unlocking an iPhone 4S

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My friend has been quoted £60 to unlock his 4S from Vodafone. That seems somewhat pricey! Is it?

Thanks for any help......

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Is his contract up? I beleive if it is that you can call Vodaphone and they will do it for free (or at least much less than the £60 quoted)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My partner wanted to unlock her old iPhone 4S which was locked to Orange. No shop can do it - only Orange and for £30. You won't have much choice but to pay it I'm afraid but then we are talking about shitty Apple here !

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Is his contract up? I beleive if it is that you can call Vodaphone and they will do it for free (or at least much less than the £60 quoted)

He bought a 5S and got the Vodafone shop to give him a new micro SIM card under the existing pay monthly contract to put into it, which they did for free. I'll tell him to try the Vodafone shop.

My partner wanted to unlock her old iPhone 4S which was locked to Orange. No shop can do it - only Orange and for £30. You won't have much choice but to pay it I'm afraid but then we are talking about shitty Apple here !

I'll make sure I tell him! :wink:

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Really? I unlocked my iPhone 4 using a You Tube Tutorial for free. It took about 10/15 minutes.

Oh? He's just spent 10 mins looking on youtube, but can only find dodgy videos, all of which want $. Can you remember which video you used, please?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'll be interested in that video-got quoted silly money in Thailand to get my 4S unlocked: 5000 or 6000 Baht (25 to 30 quid).

Having similar issues with a Samsung S4 on EE-no tutorials anywhere-plenty for all other networks but not EE so if anybody knows how to do it...

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
If hes out of contract just ring Vodaphone and request unlock. They will do it for free and then you just plug it into ITunes and bobs your uncle its unlocked.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just contact your provider, they will do it for a much lower fee. O2 for example were £10 on my last phone (blackberry) and they did my wife's 4S for the same. I think they are obliged to do this, sounds like someone is trying to stitch up your mate.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If hes out of contract just ring Vodaphone and request unlock. They will do it for free and then you just plug it into ITunes and bobs your uncle its unlocked.

Just contact your provider, they will do it for a much lower fee. O2 for example were £10 on my last phone (blackberry) and they did my wife's 4S for the same. I think they are obliged to do this, sounds like someone is trying to stitch up your mate.

Cheers guys, I've contacted Vodafone and will see what they say. Damn - "he's" contacted them, I meant....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here