Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley in the Premier

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With it looking more likely that Burnley will get promoted it would appear that Vokes and Barnes will be surplus to requirements as neither will cut it in the higher division, should we try to get either back. I dont think so but interested in other opinions.

The strength of Burnley lies in Dyche getting greater than the sum of parts out of it, not their average squad, Trippier and a few others aside

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I like Vokes but think he needs to play with a second striker along side him. He also needs stability and that won't come with constantly being loaned out so if he does get loaned out next season I don't see him replicating the form he's been in this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The strength of Burnley lies in Dyche getting greater than the sum of parts out of it, not their average squad, Trippier and a few others aside

Pretty well an injury free team all season too I think? Keeping much the same team together helps massively imo.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
In the event of Burnley getting promoted, I would expect Dyche would want to keep as much of that squad together as possible. As much as Danny Ings and Trippier have been exceptional, the unity of that squad is the reason for their success this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the event of Burnley getting promoted, I would expect Dyche would want to keep as much of that squad together as possible. As much as Danny Ings and Trippier have been exceptional, the unity of that squad is the reason for their success this season.
What and be relegation certanties but at least they will havemea load of cash. I dont think that Ings will hit it off in the Premier and would suggest most managers think the same as nobody came in for him during January with any large bids.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What and be relegation certanties but at least they will havemea load of cash. I dont think that Ings will hit it off in the Premier and would suggest most managers think the same as nobody came in for him during January with any large bids.

Southampton did but their bid was rejected - they never came back with another bid. Spending lots of money wont get you safety, look at Sunderland, Fulham and QPR last season.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Most of our fans are/were adamant neither Vokes or Barnes were good enough for the championship. Dysche disagrees. I would imagine he'd keep the same squad and sign a couple of decent players rather than offloading the players thathave got him there and signing a whole new squad.

It's probably only the Albion who make decisions on who's good enough for the premier league before the get there.

Aug 23, 2011
I don't think Burnley's squad was any better last time they went up and they were mid-table until Coyle left and then they slumped. As others have said i think unity is key

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is NO evidence that Barnes and Vokes will be surplus to requirements. Barnes looked good when he came on yesterday, all the traits we have been lacking recently I felt. Involved for both goals, held the ball up well, drew a few fouls to take the pressure off.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Was only thinking about this earlier. Agree Barnes will not get a game for them in the prem I mean he hasn't played for them in the champoinship so clearly wasn't bought as a starter. Sad that he put money ahead of playing time at his age. Really feel we would have been better off than we are if Barnes has stayed as he is mid table striker at best.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
With it looking more likely that Burnley will get promoted it would appear that Vokes and Barnes will be surplus to requirements as neither will cut it in the higher division, should we try to get either back. I dont think so but interested in other opinions.
No grounds for thinking either will be released. Barnes is good enough and so too will be Vokes.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There is NO evidence that Barnes and Vokes will be surplus to requirements. Barnes looked good when he came on yesterday, all the traits we have been lacking recently I felt. Involved for both goals, held the ball up well, drew a few fouls to take the pressure off.

Indeed, Reading were in the PL last year, did they look so good that AB wouldn't get a game?
The bottom half is so good as people think, only 1 of 3 promoted has come down in last 5 seasons and not many have spent 10s of millions

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

If you think that neither of them will be good enough in the Premiership why would we take either of them when we will also be there?:thumbsup:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I doubt that the infrastructure at Burnley would support a long term stay in the Premiership, and in the event of them getting there it will be a big pay day that should keep the club in funds for a few years, offering good quality championship football for some years to come.

Aug 23, 2011
I doubt that the infrastructure at Burnley would support a long term stay in the Premiership, and in the event of them getting there it will be a big pay day that should keep the club in funds for a few years, offering good quality championship football for some years to come.

I don't see why they couldn't stay in the premier league for a fair while, they seem to be run well with sensible finances. Do clubs like Fulham have a better infrastructure? They've had a long stay at the top.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Hope the Seagulls can do us a favour tonight with a win or - at worst - a draw.

I think the key will be trying to keep Ravel Morrison quiet - apparently he ran the show at Birmingham. I know you are better than Brum but you still have injury and suspension problems I think.

From what I have seen this season, QPR's old men don't like being forced to play at a fast tempo. Give them time and it plays into their hands. Get the ball forward quickly.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Barnes caused havoc in the Blackburn defence when he came on Sunday, we miss him whatever some people say. No reason why he cant un settle some PL back lines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here