Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PIG Happy To Wait On New Contract

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26514899

Brighton goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak says he is happy to wait on contract talks with the Championship club.
The 31-year-old's current deal expires at the end of the season.
The Poland international was beaten at the near post in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Reading, but made a series of fine saves to ensure the Seagulls remain eighth in the table.
"I try to be focused, and honestly I am not thinking about that [contract] yet," he told BBC Sussex.
"I just try be good in every game, and help the team, help myself and concentrate on what is happening.
"The rest I leave to the club, to the manager and to my agent."

The ex-Manchester United keeper has made 75 starts for Brighton since moving to the Amex Stadium as a free agent in 2012.
Kuszczak has started 29 of the Seagulls' 33 league games this term, and said he is open to extending his stay beyond the summer.
"It's a great club - I'm having a great time, I've had a chance to play, the fans are fantastic and it would be nice to talk about the future," added Kuszczak.
"If the club decide to talk to me and give me another few years, I will discuss that.
"It hasn't happened yet, but obviously there are many games left and couple of months [of the season remaining]."

Lets hope he does stay. Big boost if he were to sign another deal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good keeper.

I still think he's over-rated on here though.

He lets in some pretty saveable goals, imo. Saturday amongst them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
no idea why people on here saying dead cert to leave in the summer.

Glad to read this. Earned us a point on saturday

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Wasn't this exact same story reported a few months ago?

Stumpy Tim

Good keeper.

That was my view at first, but having watched it again I don't think he had much chance. His view was blocked by JFC and Ince & Drenthe hit it pretty hard. It also bounced over his glove, so he almost pulled the save off

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If this interview is accurate and Tomasz really is happy to talk to the club about a new contract then we should be getting him signed up ASAP. Best keeper we've had in years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I rate him as athe best keeper since Kuipers. I also assess keepers on how many points they gain us. Ankergren and Brezovan are average keepers that never did anything special. PIG wins us games that we might otherwise draw, and gets us draws we might otherwise lose. That for me is a sign of a good keeper.

All keepers let in the odd one where you think they could have done better, but it doesn't happen very often with PIG and yet he makes some saves that others wouldn't.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't get what we are waiting for. I would imagine he is one of the few players who would still be in the side if we were to go up so why wait? Surely the contract could have a promotion clause?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That was my view at first, but having watched it again I don't think he had much chance. His view was blocked by JFC and Ince & Drenthe hit it pretty hard. It also bounced over his glove, so he almost pulled the save off

I'm not by any means suggesting it was a HOWLER. I guarantee you though, that HE will feel he should have saved it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good keeper.

He's amongst the top 5 keepers in the division I reckon, two things work against him for me.

1) His distribution is not good enough for the type of game Oscar wants to play.
2) In the FFP world is it wise to have your keeper as one of the top earners at the club? Of ANY position, I reckon there is a lot of value about at keeper. I can't remember the last time I saw a poor opposition keeper at the Amex.

I'm not saying get rid, far from it. But I do think we could get someone 80-90% as good for 50% of the wages and chuck the money saved into attracting something creative in midfield that isn't injured every other game.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's amongst the top 5 keepers in the division I reckon, two things work against him for me.

1) His distribution is not good enough for the type of game Oscar wants to pay.
2) In the FFP world is it wise to have your keeper as one of the top earners at the club? Of ANY position, I reckon there is a lot of value about at keeper. I can't remember the last time I saw a poor opposition keeper at the Amex.

I'm not saying get rid, far from it. But I do think we could get someone 80-90% as good for 50% of the wages and chuck the money saved into attracting something creative in midfield that isn't injured every other game.

David Gonzalez.

Agree with everything else.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A brilliant keeper, the Koosh. The sort of intense guy who is not in it for laughs or to make friends. Fun-loving keepers can be buffoonish with their talents, and he's not that. I imagine he dreams about keeping and his wife has to sleep wearing a kendo mask to keep away the natural speedy swats he makes with his merciless palms all night long.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I rate him as athe best keeper since Kuipers. I also assess keepers on how many points they gain us. Ankergren and Brezovan are average keepers that never did anything special. PIG wins us games that we might otherwise draw, and gets us draws we might otherwise lose. That for me is a sign of a good keeper.

All keepers let in the odd one where you think they could have done better, but it doesn't happen very often with PIG and yet he makes some saves that others wouldn't.

He is much better than FDM ever was and as they say you dont miss something till you dont have it so get him signed up now. My concern is that a team like Leeds will offer him more money, more so than a Premier side.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here