Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two trialists playing for DS tonight

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
One of them is Connor Hunte, who is ex-Chelsea midfielder who played for England U17 and was wanted by Man City at one point, but was released:

"Standards at their Cobham training centre have been ordered to improve already following the dramatic release of midfielder Connor Hunte. The England Under-17 star had been earmarked as a future first team potential, but he has been allowed to leave because of serious concerns about his attitude and discipline."

Could be really useful if he has learned his lesson there.

Former Southampton youth captain Tom Leggett is the other one, he is a CB.

Sounds promising.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
One of them is Connor Hunte, who is ex-Chelsea midfielder who played for England U17 and was wanted by Man City at one point, but was released:

"Standards at their Cobham training centre have been ordered to improve already following the dramatic release of midfielder Connor Hunte. The England Under-17 star had been earmarked as a future first team potential, but he has been allowed to leave because of serious concerns about his attitude and discipline."

Sounds promising.

Another ex-Chelsea kid. Yes please!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Trouble and BHAFC are not easy bedfellows (in recent years at least) so would be surprising if it worked out for Hunte. Shocked that Stains release any youth players - thought they were all guaranteed first team places and multi-million pound fees :lolol:

Seriously though - we are starting to attract the sort of talent that would never have come our way in the past. Good news. :thumbsup:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We've done alright out of Chelsea's ex-youth midfielders so far. Hopefully he sorts out any attitude issues and becomes the latest success story

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Sounds promising.

Young men who think they're all that and who start with a bad attitude rarely change their approach until they're around 25/26 (if ever) in my experience. I'd really rather we didn't go for players who have a history of sufficiently bad behaviour that they're released for that reason and not because they're not good enough. Agustein's worked out well for us, after all, hasn't he?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Young men who think they're all that and who start with a bad attitude rarely change their approach until they're around 25/26 (if ever) in my experience.

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps being released from his boyhood club might be the wake up call he needs. Either way, it's not like we are taking a huge risk to have a look at a player who is clearly very talented.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps you are right. Perhaps being released from his boyhood club might be the wake up call he needs. Either way, it's not like we are taking a huge risk to have a look at a player who is clearly very talented.

Both points you make are fair comment. I hope it works out for him and us....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Exactly, you would hope if he has half a brain he would realise that he has to take his chance, Cos if he doesn't with us, then another side in league 1 or 2 might take a punt on him, however if not and before he realises it no one will touch him and he'll end up in non-league for a few years before the inevitable decline into drugs and prison.

:lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got to say, if my surname was Hunte, the last thing I'd be doing is giving my offspring a first name beginning with C.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Already played a game on trial for Norwich this month. Subbed after 67 minutes, presumably not offered a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here