Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan have a good chance of retaining the cup

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
they are beating Man City 2-0 at the moment, if hold on and then beat arsenal in the semi final they really do have a chance of retaining it

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Best chance to get to the final and we threw it away ffs!

Yep, that last 10 minutes or so at the Amex when we decided to attack and fall over to waste time is still really annoying me if we got behind the ball and defended we may now be in the semis having booted out Poyet at home as well.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Yep, that last 10 minutes or so at the Amex when we decided to attack and fall over to waste time is still really annoying me if we got behind the ball and defended we may now be in the semis having booted out Poyet at home as well.

and if Smith scored.....and if Zaha had the dentist that night......hindsight is pointless in football.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I don't think we'll finish above Wigan this season. But we're more than capable of finishing above Forest and Reading.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I don't think we'll finish above Wigan this season. But we're more than capable of finishing above Forest and Reading.

i agree with this, but the wigan cup run could help us....a player with a chance to play at wembley will not be too keen on a 50/50 challenge the week before.

but saying that - we are pretty pony, and have no chance in the play offs even if we get there....unless..

Orlandi grows a pair.
Lopez get injured.
Garcia plays at least one winger before the 60th minute.
Buckley and KLL gain more strength than tracing paper.
Greer learns timely tackles.
etc etc etc

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I bet the Wigan fans and players are shifting themselves now they may have another 2 games in the cup to have to endure now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With Forest dropping like flies and Reading being distinctly average, Wigan are our main promotion rivals and they're gonna finish the season with real fixture congestion, which can only be a good thing for us.

I was joking. Are we better than Reading and Forest then ? We haven't beaten any of them yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here