Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 minutes from the FA cup Final

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No. Sunderland would have beaten us easily and we would have never threatened them. Then you have giant-killers Sheffield United who have already dumped Villa, Fulham, Forest and Charlton out the cup.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No.

Had Ulloa scored his free header to make it 2-0, we might have stood a very good chance of beating Hull in the first tie, but then we might've lost 4-2 or any number of other scorelines. The permutations are infinite from then on.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Sheffield United have beaten Aston Villa, Fulham, Nottingham Forest and Charlton to get to the semi-finals. Hardly had an easy run to make it to the last 4 and Hull would do well not to take them lightly. Beating Sunderland at home would not have been a cert either.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Im gutted. Maybe years before we have another chance like we had.We may not have beaten Hull if we have gone for it.But the way we approached that away game was just typical of the mentality of our gameplan atm.As for not playing your number 1, well I think thats been done to death already.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
must be thick, but what do you mean wombat ?

Not at all thick. I just thought if we'd held out against Hull, we could have beaten Sunderland at the Amex, and then we could have faced 3rd Division Sheff Utd in the semi. Then it's a choice between Arsenal and Man City for us to beat in the final.

But Hull equalised five minutes from the end.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lots of ifs in there. You can't change history.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
never have a better chance...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Move on, it didnt happen. You could say we were less than 180 minutes from the PL last season, or we would have won the cup in 83 if Smith had scored. All what ifs, but in reality just hypothetical nonsense. You cannot change history.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Loved the yellow/orange/gold (whatever colour they were supposed to be) old style football rattles all the Hull supporters must have been given, Gus would have hated those, same as he did our blue & white clappers, masterstoke by Hull in pissing off Gus.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No - we would get THRASHED by Sheffield Utd.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Went out after not really trying to win the game with selection and tactics, which actually some's up our season. We didn't give Hull the game they should have got in either tie.

Scared to go for the win instead play to not lose.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone else think the same ?

nope..but thanks for asking..but i was thinking about the City/Wigan game...i see they've won there last 5 away games on the trot now...and yet you'd have though we had lost to a crap team a couple of weeks ago judging by some of the flack they got

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here