Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Lopez leaves this summer, who is next on the hit list?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It seems to be the minority of scummy fans new gimmick, to drive out players slowly but surely starting with a long standing first campaign with Barnes. Lopez being the next in line and I wouldn't blame him if he chooses to not bother signing a new contract at a club where he's disliked by the smallest but most vocal, who is next?

My money is on Greer.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
JFC. Lots of baseless negativity surrounding him at the moment in my opinion

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It seems to be the minority of scummy fans new gimmick, to drive out players slowly but surely starting with a long standing first campaign with Barnes. Lopez being the next in line and I wouldn't blame him if he chooses to not bother signing a new contract at a club where he's disliked by the smallest but most vocal, who is next?

My money is on Greer.

Definitely Greer if the clueless idiots who sit next to me are anything to go by. There was part of me that was quite pleased when Greer was sent off and Lopez was subbed off a few seconds later, the moaning was instantly scaled back.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Definitely Greer if the clueless idiots who sit next to me are anything to go by. There was part of me that was quite pleased when Greer was sent off and Lopez was subbed off a few seconds later, the moaning was instantly scaled back.

What makes them clueless idiots? Is it because they have a different opinion to you?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Greer and Bruno anchor the third-stingiest defense in the Championship.
I expect them both to go. Not flairful.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I expect that the players from this season we will see next season are Crofts, Calderon, Ulloa, Buckley, Orlandi, Stephens, Caskey, Lualua, Upson, Ince, CMS, Hoskins, Dunk, March and maybe Ward

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I appreciate and understand that SD is there for his ability on the ball and will never win a tackle. I have never been one to scream abuse at our own players, but I still find it frustrating at times that he won't ever take on a 50/50 (or 60/40) ! But i could never understand the stick Barnes took who, to me, was Gary Hart but quite a few levels better.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I appreciate and understand that SD is there for his ability on the ball and will never win a tackle. I have never been one to scream abuse at our own players, but I still find it frustrating at times that he won't ever take on a 50/50 (or 60/40) ! But i could never understand the stick Barnes took who, to me, was Gary Hart but a few levels better.

same, i feel that the fans that complained helped to drive him away, but obviously it was mainly money

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
what I'm trying to say is that If all the people that complain about him on here booed in the amex he'd care a little

That assumes this board is representative which I don't necessarily think it is. So something between 5 and 100 think he's turd ... I've never heard booing for any specific player from around the ground ... apart from the odd whanchor.

Barnes wasn't hounded out he went for more money ... suggesting fans are driving players out is totally nuts (fans turning on fans)

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I would say the vast majority of fans have no intention of 'driving out players' but they pay a substantial amount of cash and have expectations, sometimes realistic, other times unrealistic, borderline rabid. But for the moderates, of which we are thankfully in the majority, many would say Lopez has been utterly dismal this season. Personally, I'd be disappointed if we even offered him a contract, regardless of whether he signs it....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here