Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bringing on Solly instead of Kazenga

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I still think Lua Lua is the better sub. Especially if you want a chance of getting a goal. Solly made a dreadful mistake that nearly afforded Reading another goal yesterday, and his recent sub performances weren't as good as what Kazenga can do.
March will be a good prospect for the future, but LuaLua must be getting hacked off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Depends what Oscar's thoughts were, personally I would have brought on Calderon for JFC 20 mins earlier, as I felt the midfield needed some energy.

I think defensively Solly is stronger than KLL and that can only have been what Oscar was thinking, certainly KLL is more likely to change a game, with a devastating piece of brilliance

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Depends what Oscar's thoughts were, personally I would have brought on Calderon for JFC 20 mins earlier, as I felt the midfield needed some energy.

I think defensively Solly is stronger than KLL and that can only have been what Oscar was thinking, certainly KLL is more likely to change a game, with a devastating piece of brilliance

That's the change I would have made also, Calderon would have shored up the left side alongside Ward and provide energy and bite for the last fifteen.

Then again Oscar gets crucified for being too defensive so at least it was a move to create chances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were under pressure so the substitutions Oscar made were correct Buckley to break away for a goal and March to attack and also defend more than Lua Lua can or does.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To be fair, Lua Lua has been poor recently and March wasnt a bad bet to put on.

Had Kaz came on instead of March, he would have then been slated and the same people would have said March should have came on !!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Disagree completely. When down to 10 men, Oscar made the correct decision imo. LuaLua has a tendency to lose the ball easily at times which would have put us under more pressure. Solly did make a mistake yesterday but he's had very limited first team opportunities and is still very young.

It was a move by a manager who doesn't seem to understand that finishing 7th in the table is the same as finishing 10th. Poor KLL, lot of his defensive improvement has gone completely unnoticed

Dec 29, 2011
It was a move by a manager who doesn't seem to understand that finishing 7th in the table is the same as finishing 10th. Poor KLL, lot of his defensive improvement has gone completely unnoticed

??? He went for the three points with his substitutions, he wasn't going for the draw.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
March is more likely to retain the ball on the break - Lualua is a bit all-or-nothing at times which is great when it works but yesterday we couldn't afford to risk having him fall over and concede possession

Also, the more time March gets now the better in the long run

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
KLL seems to be out of favour for some reason. There must've been a reason he wasn't even in the squad last week.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
??? He went for the three points with his substitutions, he wasn't going for the draw.

True, but he had many better options who started on the bench, which means Oscar could have gone for the three points from kick off, not with the substitutions.

The first bit is right poor KLL as he has ben recently and I will admit I have not noticed an improvement in his defensive role or ability

You've clearly already have forgotten how we last actually won a game at the Amex, get Ben to draw a picture of it for you

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
True, but he had many better options who started on the bench, which means Oscar could have gone for the three points from kick off, not with the substitutions.

He did. We would've won all day from the start if it wasn't for the red, Reading had absolutely nothing until that moment.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The midfield might as well not have even been there Saturday, it was a total shambles. As an impact sub, I would have KLL every time over Solly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here