Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secondhand furniture/ cheap antique furniture in Brighton

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
Hi
Am looking for a few small bits of furniture for my home. Already been to Shoreham where there seem to be a few secondhand furniture stores. Are there other areas in Brighton / Sussex that have a good collection of stores?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Tough in Brighton. It's really coming back into fashion and any cheap places with anything decent soon sell it onto trendy boutiques selling top whack. Have you tried emmaus / shabitat? They occasionally have something decent.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The Brighton Flea Market in Kemptown has quite reasonable prices ( I sell some items in there ), seperate from there, we also make bespoke furniture at a very reasonable price. Pm me if you want the link to my website.

Shabitat is also good but the dealers often get in there first and you find everything has got sold on it

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Boundary Road. A couple of places down there.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Recommend Lewes. They do an antique auction their. Can't remember the name of the place.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's a little shop along Sackville Road, on the corner of Shirley Street which is shutting down, so flogging all their gear. I noticed that yesterday as I cycled past.

The Martlets also have a furniture store.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
the YMCA shop in Blatchington (sp?) Road in Hove, the Martlets charity shop near Waitrose on Western Road and the Spiral shop nearby all sometimes have some bits and bobs that are serviceable

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
There is now an Emmaus in what used to be The Pilot pub. From the passing bus the stuff in the window looks interesting. I have bought some good furniture from the British Heart Foundation shop in Chapel Road, Worthing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Recommend Lewes. They do an antique auction their. Can't remember the name of the place.

Furniture every Monday, antiques Monthly
Inmans Hove Poets Corner is monthly and is TOMORROW @ 9.30 for viewing 10am start tho furniture is usually lot 700+ (can leave written bid)...view online

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Martlets and Emmeaus rich old dears stuff who've passed on, or moved into retirement homes usually, and leave decent stuff.

pip

Mar 9, 2014
Trade Boundaries, 77 Boundary Road, Hove (next to Greggs). They have some great furniture at good prices. They also sell Brighton & Hove Albion wooden street signs. Definitely worth a look as they seem a bit more selective about their stock.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Go to an auction, guaranteed lower prices than an antique shop, after all it's the auction that the antique shops get their stock from. My wife's place is www.denhams.com , mention me/NSC and I'm sure she'll do a bit of a deal on the buyers premium too.

Not in Brighton but if you are willing to go further afield Hospice in the Weald have a pre owned furniture store on the A267 between Mayfield and Five Ashes, their website gives more details. Several warehouses in and around Tunbridge Wells I believe. Also a smaller furniture store run by Burrswood in the centre of Crowborough. All three of our current sofas come from either this store or the Hospice one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here