Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennets Field-The Glory Years

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Something odd happened yesterday.

Stalag Luft BF was awash with stewards post match,managing all the rows of traffic.The place ran like a well oiled machine.World record broken for getting home.

Top work done by all......hopefully this will continue.

On a side note and yes i understand the non parkers hate these threads but BF did seem to be much less busier than normal,hope the problem hasnt shifted elsewhere...........actually i couldnt give a toss if truth be told.:smile:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I did note a few rather miffed people sitting in their cars waiting by the barrier in Bennett Fields, as the buses and coaches moved away at a nice pace.

Complete success.

TB

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Its amazing isn't it? The fact that somebody has sat back and thought, if we push too many vehicles towards that small traffic light controlled junction at one time (ie. The Exit) we get GRIDLOCK and safety problems.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Funnily enough the train back to Lewes was also a world record yesterday. Left WSL after clapping them off, didn't actually stop moving forward until I climbed onto a train. Was in Lewes by about 5.20. Remarkable.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What time did they open the gate?

i believe it was slightly earlier than the anticipated 45 mins, somewhere around 35 mins, i could be wrong,i was caught off guard,i was minding my own business reading the newspaper when traffic started flowing,

Its very dangerous to surprise people like that without a public warning address.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stalag Luft BF was awash with stewards post match,

I think its only fair to clarify,the stewards that were involved in the policing of BF on saturday are the same ones that have normally just hung around en mass by the exit gate pretending to be busy,as opposed to the club has hired new staff.

anyway,they did a great job!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It also helped by not allowing people to park up on the exit roads to pick people up as well, It kept everything flowing better.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Funnily enough the train back to Lewes was also a world record yesterday. Left WSL after clapping them off, didn't actually stop moving forward until I climbed onto a train. Was in Lewes by about 5.20. Remarkable.

It's improved a lot this season what with having trains every ten minutes and 8 car trains. All they need to do now is to get passengers for Lewes into the front 5 carriages, then there wouldn't be a panic when they realize the doors at the back don't open.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It also helped by not allowing people to park up on the exit roads to pick people up as well, It kept everything flowing better.

Back in Eastbourne at half past five which is remarkable as the game only finished at 5:56. I spotted only one car parked on the approach to the roundabout from the eastern exit at the uni.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Was very well oiled on Saturday.
Went on the motorbike, left at the whistle rode home, had a quick bite to eat and the the wife drove me up to Brighton station expecting it to be packed, but was actually quite quiet and was on the 5.49 train with plenty of spare sear to London for the evening entertainment. Very easy and stree free.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Back in Eastbourne at half past five which is remarkable as the game only finished at 5:56. I spotted only one car parked on the approach to the roundabout from the eastern exit at the uni.

I dont think bragging about mastering Time Travel helps the debate surrounding transport policy......

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Meanwhile at Mill Road p&r...left north Stand after clapping players off and didn't get onto a27 until 18.05!! (Long wait for buses and then takes ages to move up mill road due to constant flow of traffic at speed off a27 onto roundabouts at the too)

Past Reading coaches, including players, at jct 10 at 18.50 - why should they get priority? Only do journey once a season ;)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Back in Eastbourne 24 minutes before final whistle? Either you left very early (did you see the comedy own goal?), or, more impressively, the club have introduced time travel as part of the shake up. The latter would explain why I saw more blue police telephone boxes on the footbridge over the railway than I recall being there previously.

:thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Back in Eastbourne 24 minutes before final whistle? Either you left very early (did you see the comedy own goal?), or, more impressively, the club have introduced time travel as part of the shake up. The latter would explain why I saw more blue police telephone boxes on the footbridge over the railway than I recall being there previously.

:thumbsup:

See my previous post!;)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think its only fair to clarify,the stewards that were involved in the policing of BF on saturday are the same ones that have normally just hung around en mass by the exit gate pretending to be busy,as opposed to the club has hired new staff.

anyway,they did a great job!

According to the correspondence I had earlier in the season the stewards were told not to steward BF due to appalling behaviour by some of the drivers in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here