Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Reading fan

Themaninblue

Banned
Mar 20, 2013
Dear all,

This is a post aimed to most of the deluded and pathetic fans on this thread and one user called Mustafa, who seems to have quite a stalker-esque hatred for us which I have noticed:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?296968-How-TINPOT-were-Reading

It's not just this thread, but another few posts I have spotted since our game. I don't have a problem with the majority of Brighton fans, just a certain few who seem to have a Leeds-like obsession with us and our awful support, for no apparent reason. Just a few points I would like to raise:

1. For those who believe calling us 'tinpot' is an insult, please get over yourselves. We are tinpot and we love it, every team likes to call us it, even Middlesbrough. We have never been a big club and I highly doubt we ever will be. Our away attendances and noise is shocking, but really, does this make us a better or worse side over a season? No, the same for other teams. Our support probably wasn't much better in the 2011/12 season, but we still won the league. Just because you have a decent home attendance and have a 'big support', like anyone, it doesn't make you a good team. Ask those clowns over in Leeds who think their amazing attendances should bring them good results.

2. Those who are saying 'I am really glad I am not a Reading fan', how pathetic and classless do you want to be? If you base supporting your team on 'support', 'how pretty and wonderful your town is' and us apparently being tinpot, go and support Manchester United like the other plastic fans, even though Manchester is a dump. I have been lucky enough to witness three seasons in the Premier League over 10 years of supporting this club, how dare I complain? Some fans won't ever see their team play in the Premier League and I bet they have no regrets. We may also have a sh*t town, but what has that got to do with anything? Since when was Brighton so wonderful? Yes, you have a beach, but doesn't Blackpool?

3. Soulless 'out the box' stadium. Like ours, your stadium is all nice and pretty, but that does that bring you immediate success? No, not necessarily. It took us nearly six years after we moved into the Madejski before we witnessed success, you guys may be in a similar situation. You are certainly better than most teams in terms of home atmosphere, but the way you slag us off, you seem to be portraying yourselves like the Dortmund wall in comparison! You will have a tough job to find most home grounds nowadays that have a good atmosphere, even some teams in the Premier League.

4. For those that have branded our teams 'cheats', you clearly haven't been paying attention to that fairy Ulloa you put up front. For a player who is 6'3, I would really expect him to put up more of a fight when contesting long balls. And others of you may forget back in the 2011/12 season when we played you at home under Gus, when I have never seen so many players go down and stay down, rolling around like little girls, trying to slow the game down. Yes, the likes of Drenthe, Pogrebnyak and Le Fondre go down very easily, but which overpaid footballer doesn't in modern football? If you also think that our players hounded the referee for the sending off of Greer, then you clearly don't have an idea of double standards compared to every other team on the planet. Every team does it, every team has players that make a meal of challenges, every team is going to hound the referee to influence his decisions - get used to it, it is unfortunately modern football.

5. Those who slate Adkins as being a poor manager, please take a good look at yourselves. Yes, he is a smug ****** who most people probably hate, (even some of our pathetic fans who think he should be sacked) but his record at getting teams promoted speaks for itself. I'm sure Tony Bloom would have been right on his case had Adkins been unemployed at the time of Gus' departure and I'm sure the logical fans on here would have too.

6. Those assuming we are being funded by a big Russian with deep pockets, that is no longer the case, he has well and truly done a runner on us. He was meant to take us over back in September, he hasn't been back in the country since September. We needed to bring players in during January after a savaged injury crisis, but couldn't even afford any loan players, as there was no source of income at all. Madejski is desperately trying to sell the club again, otherwise we could entail a difficult summer in selling our best players again. So, those who assume we are loving life with parachute payments and Russian money, it is very far from this. We have a skint old man running our club again, not that we mind, we are tinpot after all.

Again, this is only aimed at the clowns who seem to have a strange obsession with us, which is quite cute I have to say. To the sane and humble fans on this board, I wish you luck for the rest of the season, as I would rather see you in the play-offs compared to the self-indulged history reminders over at Forest and Derby.

Love tinpot Reading oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Liverpool beach?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
OfficialIDYNTYHiRes-936x1024.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Op has a point re Ulloa, yesterday especially. I am in fact embarrassed by how weak he is at times for a big quality striker.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Dear all,

This is a post aimed to most of the deluded and pathetic fans on this thread and one user called Mustafa, who seems to have quite a stalker-esque hatred for us which I have noticed:

It's not just this thread, but another few posts I have spotted since our game. I don't have a problem with the majority of Brighton fans, just a certain few who seem to have a Leeds-like obsession with us and our awful support, for no apparent reason. Just a few points I would like to raise:

1. For those who believe calling us 'tinpot' is an insult, please get over yourselves. We are tinpot and we love it, every team likes to call us it, even Middlesbrough. We have never been a big club and I highly doubt we ever will be. Our away attendances and noise is shocking, but really, does this make us a better or worse side over a season? No, the same for other teams. Our support probably wasn't much better in the 2011/12 season, but we still won the league. Just because you have a decent home attendance and have a 'big support', like anyone, it doesn't make you a good team. Ask those clowns over in Leeds who think their amazing attendances should bring them good results.

2. Those who are saying 'I am really glad I am not a Reading fan', how pathetic and classless do you want to be? If you base supporting your team on 'support', 'how pretty and wonderful your town is' and us apparently being tinpot, go and support Manchester United like the other plastic fans, even though Manchester is a dump. I have been lucky enough to witness three seasons in the Premier League over 10 years of supporting this club, how dare I complain? Some fans won't ever see their team play in the Premier League and I bet they have no regrets. We may also have a sh*t town, but what has that got to do with anything? Since when was Brighton so wonderful? Yes, you have a beach, but doesn't Blackpool?

3. Soulless 'out the box' stadium. Like ours, your stadium is all nice and pretty, but that does that bring you immediate success? No, not necessarily. It took us nearly six years after we moved into the Madejski before we witnessed success, you guys may be in a similar situation. You are certainly better than most teams in terms of home atmosphere, but the way you slag us off, you seem to be portraying yourselves like the Dortmund wall in comparison! You will have a tough job to find most home grounds nowadays that have a good atmosphere, even some teams in the Premier League.

4. For those that have branded our teams 'cheats', you clearly haven't been paying attention to that fairy Ulloa you put up front. For a player who is 6'3, I would really expect him to put up more of a fight when contesting long balls. And others of you may forget back in the 2011/12 season when we played you at home under Gus, when I have never seen so many players go down and stay down, rolling around like little girls, trying to slow the game down. Yes, the likes of Drenthe, Pogrebnyak and Le Fondre go down very easily, but which overpaid footballer doesn't in modern football? If you also think that our players hounded the referee for the sending off of Greer, then you clearly don't have an idea of double standards compared to every other team on the planet. Every team does it, every team has players that make a meal of challenges, every team is going to hound the referee to influence his decisions - get used to it, it is unfortunately modern football.

5. Those who slate Adkins as being a poor manager, please take a good look at yourselves. Yes, he is a smug ****** who most people probably hate, (even some of our pathetic fans who think he should be sacked) but his record at getting teams promoted speaks for itself. I'm sure Tony Bloom would have been right on his case had Adkins been unemployed at the time of Gus' departure and I'm sure the logical fans on here would have too.

6. Those assuming we are being funded by a big Russian with deep pockets, that is no longer the case, he has well and truly done a runner on us. He was meant to take us over back in September, he hasn't been back in the country since September. We needed to bring players in during January after a savaged injury crisis, but couldn't even afford any loan players, as there was no source of income at all. Madejski is desperately trying to sell the club again, otherwise we could entail a difficult summer in selling our best players again. So, those who assume we are loving life with parachute payments and Russian money, it is very far from this. We have a skint old man running our club again, not that we mind, we are tinpot after all.

Again, this is only aimed at the clowns who seem to have a strange obsession with us, which is quite cute I have to say. To the sane and humble fans on this board, I wish you luck for the rest of the season, as I would rather see you in the play-offs compared to the self-indulged history reminders over at Forest and Derby.

you probably make some sense,i hope you havnt posted in the hope of some sensible replies.

ps out of interest whatever happened to that programme booth circa late 80`s?Always concerned me that has.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He's probably raised some fair points but I'll be fikced if I'm reading that lot. There is so much siht I could reading on other threads. Like the one about Captain Pugwush being made into a feature film.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Reading- the biscuit men. And what do you keep biscuits in? A tin. And when the biscuits have all gone there are usually are few crumbs left, which is about all that's left for our friend from Reading! Reading= tinpot!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Man in blue......

I wouldn't disagree with the first 3 points you make, however.......

Ulloa going down easily......... perhaps, but as you say that's modern football. What was shocking was the way Pearce went through the back of him time and time again, and the referee did nothing. Terrible centre-back, but then when it was 10 we didn't get near to testing him.

The surrounding of the referee for Greer's sending off, was football at its worst. Adkins and Reading should take a long look at themselves, even Le Fondre looked up a couple of times to see if anything was happening. Although Greer's sending off was correct IMO, the reaction of the Reading players brought the game into disrepute and I hope the FA have a look at it. It should be noted that some of this was driven by Adkins.

5. Adkins is not a poor manager and at times Reading tried to play some nice football, (which is very un-Adkins like - usually more direct). However, Brighton fans generally, have a dislike for him, which is a leftover from his time at Southampton. Refused to do a 'guard of honour', when we won the league, also comments relating to Brighton 'keeping up with Southampton. He is just is an odious individual, but as you say generally a successful one.

6. I really don't care.

I too hope we meet you in the play-off's.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Haven’t you got anything better to do than write posts that long on other teams forums? Really?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Haven’t you got anything better to do than write posts that long on other teams forums? Really?

it's hardly long compared to time fans spend thinking about the game they went to.

i agree with most of his points, and the replies so far emphasise his points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Too long; didn't read. Did it mention not beating 8 men and 10 men in consecutive weeks?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Dear all,

Never had a problem with Reading fans until I read this load of pompous, self righteous, cry-baby drivel. Add to your list this No.7: Can't take fan banter.
We spent years playing at the worst tin pot come allotment in league history (Withdean, you may remember it). We took the banter. We got over ourselves. The Madejski is a nice ground. It may be made from Maccano but its fine. Be happy.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[MENTION=27227]Themaninblue[/MENTION], Reading Fan, you stayed up all night working on that post, didn't you?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Man in blue......

I wouldn't disagree with the first 3 points you make, however.......

Ulloa going down easily......... perhaps, but as you say that's modern football. What was shocking was the way Pearce went through the back of him time and time again, and the referee did nothing. Terrible centre-back, but then when it was 10 we didn't get near to testing him.

The surrounding of the referee for Greer's sending off, was football at its worst. Adkins and Reading should take a long look at themselves, even Le Fondre looked up a couple of times to see if anything was happening. Although Greer's sending off was correct IMO, the reaction of the Reading players brought the game into disrepute and I hope the FA have a look at it. It should be noted that some of this was driven by Adkins.

5. Adkins is not a poor manager and at times Reading tried to play some nice football, (which is very un-Adkins like - usually more direct). However, Brighton fans generally, have a dislike for him, which is a leftover from his time at Southampton. Refused to do a 'guard of honour', when we won the league, also comments relating to Brighton 'keeping up with Southampton. He is just is an odious individual, but as you say generally a successful one.

6. I really don't care.

I too hope we meet you in the play-off's.

Saves me writing it, what he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here