Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The majority of North Stand Chat got it wrong....again.

Yes and no. Today he had Kenwyne Jones as a target man to aim for. In his first year with us he had Glenn Murray. At the Amex he had CMS and Barnes. Truth be told he didn't set the world alight here but I'd put his lack of success partly down to Poyet who signed three wingers but took a year and a half to replace Murray.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Yes and no. Today he had Kenwyne Jones as a target man to aim for. In his first year with us he had Glenn Murray. At the Amex he had CMS and Barnes. I'd put his lack of success partly down to Poyet who signed three wingers but took a year and a half to replace Murray.

I agree Poyet should take most of the blame. I believe he was under-used.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Noone has on average 3/4 players to aim for in the box, we on the other hand are lucky to have to have 2 players in the box at the same time... He's improved massively since leaving but he's been helped by having more players to aim for in the box

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very nice piece on him on MotD highlighting his contributions to yesterday's game. Danny Murphy called his performance "sensational".

Well done Nooney!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He has clearly worked hard on his delivery. He always had the Ability to beat a man and score the spectacular. Also helps when you have a target man to aim for. Barnes and CMS were not it

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
He has clearly worked hard on his delivery. He always had the Ability to beat a man and score the spectacular. Also helps when you have a target man to aim for. Barnes and CMS were not it

Agree with this. I'd also say based on what I saw on MOTD he's been coached to come inside more, which is working well for him.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The majority of North Stand Chat got it wrong....again.

I was always a massive fan of Noone and was really angry when we sold him and for pittance in my opinion. He was never a sick note either apart from once at Coventry on new years eve. He was small but built like a tank if you get my meaning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here