Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar's mistake

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Poor Solly March looked utterly out of his depth today being thrust in to the heat of a Championship battle against a typical Adkins team of cheats and thugs with bags of experience. His 15 minutes odd should have been given to Kaz whose guile, pace and control might even have earned us a winner, let alone relieved the pressure.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I disagree! LuaLua has been poor of late and would only have contributed to the dramatics! Although would never have stooped as low as Le Fondre`s level!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, like he was s**t against the same team in the FA Cup, wasnt he MOM.
And since when has Kaz had any control and guile?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Poor Solly March looked utterly out of his depth today being thrust in to the heat of a Championship battle against a typical Adkins team of cheats and thugs with bags of experience. His 15 minutes odd should have been given to Kaz whose guile, pace and control might even have earned us a winner, let alone relieved the pressure.

The above is complete b.llsht

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being down to10 men and hanging on I thought that March was a better choice than Lua Lua as he has a similar turn of speed and ball control but is better winning the ball back defensively. So it was the right choice in my opinion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree to a point, I was surprised Solly got the nod ahead of Kaz. Did he go for goal with the corner for was it really just a very poor corner

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He did lose possession cheaply a couple of times when we were looking to go forward. However, at least he was getting forward. Swings and roundabouts.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Did he go for goal with the corner for was it really just a very poor corner

I had a great view. He went for it. An audacious effort but it says something about our prowess at set pieces when you try that rather than put it in the mixer!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I like lua lua as a player but I've never seen guile as one of his attributes....hey ho

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I can't understand why Oscar doesn't seem to trust Solly yet. He would be first on the team sheet every time if I had my way.

Unfortunately, I'm not in charge.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I can't understand why Oscar doesn't seem to trust Solly yet. He would be first on the team sheet every time if I had my way.

Unfortunately, I'm not in charge.

Probably because he is still learning. He should have a great future.
He terrorises teams and is clearly a nsc darling at the moment, but his final ball is usually dismal. That'why I would have given the run to Kaz, who incidentally I think tackles back better too.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Solly came on and was quite sharp, had focus, and was forward looking.

Basically everything we missed for most of the game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Solly has been brilliant up to now but is still at the inconsistent stage . It could of worked bringing him on but it didn't . He lost control almost first touch and it seemed to effect him . Lua lua would of been better option . Buckley was a good sub and could of won it .

Team set up was baffling and quite dour but it was working so can't really complain to much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here