Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very excited by the prospect of him and Leo learning each other's game better, he cause Readings defence to panic a number of times in the first half, resulting in the OG. Shame to only get an hour but I suppose that saves him for Tuesday. Looks a player and offers something totally different.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also seemed to be very frustrated. Can imagine him back on the phone to his Manure coach/mentor saying things like !0'they never pass to me' and 'it keeps going backwards'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oscar said he could only manage 60 mins so no surprise when he came off. IMHO he wii serve us well as he gets more used to our style of play and players.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It looked to me like he caused the mistake by Gunter for our goal

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Showed good pace, movement and more importantly guile when in possession! He is going to be a very good player! Not sure we will see any of it in the blue and white though!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought he did very little.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Thought he put a good shift in and must have run more in his 60 mins than most did in 90. Not sure that he has even trained with the team yet and agree he will need a bit of time to gel with Leo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Interesting mix of views. I think he did a lot WITHOUT the ball first half, if you understand me. He caused the OG.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree with the OP. He's actually too good for us. Wasn't getting the service so came inside looking for it. Caused the OG. The reverse pass he played in the 1st half that was flagged offside wasn't offside in a million years. Was honestly amazed when he got taken off. This is a player, make no mistake.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not Gunters faullt at all 100% the keepers for either staying on he's line or calling for the ball when he was coming for it.

Heading the ball into his own net is not Gunters fault!!!!

:facepalm:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He was lively down the channels, and without doubt his presence caused the own goal. Was disappointed that he didn't make the most of that counter in the first half and get a shot away.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Never really noticed him if im honest

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hard to judge when we played so poorly and negatively in the first half, which meant we barely got the ball to him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not Gunters fault at all 100% the keepers for neither staying on he's line or calling for the ball when he was coming for it.

Got to give credit to Lingard, caused Gunter to panic and he didn't bother looking to see where his keeper was before he made the backward header.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never really noticed him if im honest

Which is why the scouts, reporters and other serious observers go in the WSU and not the North. If you are looking for atmosphere and occasional bouts of close up action the ends are perfect but if you had a high up tactical view today you'd see the runs he made, positions he took up and how, in general, Reading were terrified of him.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I agree with the OP. He's actually too good for us. Wasn't getting the service so came inside looking for it. Caused the OG. The reverse pass he played in the 1st half that was flagged offside wasn't offside in a million years. Was honestly amazed when he got taken off. This is a player, make no mistake.

Was put through, had a one on one on goal, but chose to hold the ball up and halt the momentum. What service did he not get, looked exhausted after his couple of runs. Didn't have the killer instinct for me. Players on a Prem contract should have it or not, the difference between the prem and the championship is not great and the difference between a prem player in the squad but not playing and a championship player is negligible. I would like to see more of him, but was not overwhelmed by what I saw today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here