Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Players wearing tracksuits, just over 1000 travelling support (we took over 1600 on a Sunday with the game on TV!) and fans taking their shirts off when they equalised...

One of my favourite teams to laugh at when they aren't doing well. The day they retire to League One the better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I think its a bit of a shame that the thick-eared rules of football state that we have to give stick to the 1000 that made the trip rather than the countless thousands that didn't. But then again... meh :shrug:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Shit club, town and fans. And the usual 'out the box' soulless stadium. All because of one rich investor.

Dec 29, 2011
Everything about that club is tinpot. Identikit ground, plastic fans, soulless atmosphere, dreary town, and now they have the loathsome manager and cheating players to match. I can't even bring myself to dislike them, I'm just glad I'm not a Reading fan!

The irony being this post could have been plucked straight from BBS about us

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
So tinpot it's unreal! 1000 is pathetic for a team up the road,pushing for play offs with potg on a day like today! And the 1000 that did turn up sat down silent bar 20 muppets up the back for most of the game.

Should have taken more than 2 points of them this season!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Personally I think its a bit of a shame that the thick-eared rules of football state that we have to give stick to the 1000 that made the trip rather than the countless thousands that didn't. But then again... meh :shrug:

If they had sung at all then maybe they would have deserved a clap but Barnsley on a Tuesday night made more noise than them.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
1robots-gal-tin.jpg

This much , roughly

"Cheating Reading Northern Inbreds" according to the "hard" lad behind us with his much quieter friend today. If his mum had heard the language he was coming out with it would have been to bed and no supper for sure. Worryingly I suspect he really does think Reading is "up North".

The Young Pottings, the half dozen or so under 10's and their parents in front, and probably the "school shelf" above us learned lots of new words today. But that is part of football and at least (hopefully) they know what not to come out with.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They are very nearly as TINPOT as Palarse

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really disappointed with Reading support, for a relatively 'local' game, numbers were poor, and also one of the quietest this season.

Poor all round.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Really? Take it you don't venture to your home games then.

Yeah, quite a few. Like all stadia there are loud bits and quiet bits. On balance I'd say your North stand makes more noise than our East stand but frankly it's fairly marginal and largely dependent on what the situation is on the pitch.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Lovely stuff.

I'll give you the town comment.

The rest is no less true of Brighton than Reading. Muppet.

Not sure who you support but

no way could you call Falmer "out of the box" it is unique in design,finish and in build standard,Shit fans ? we are "take no shit fans" we have history we will not let some scum take our club,we will not be druv.
one rich investor,maybe but unlike Reading we have an owner with history,he is a true fan who watched us as a kid.He can trace back his family involvement on our board to the 70's. He is no foreign investor looking for a quick pay off from the premier league.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Not sure who you support but

no way could you call Falmer "out of the box" it is unique in design,finish and in build standard,Shit fans ? we are "take no shit fans" we have history we will not let some scum take our club,we will not be druv.
one rich investor,maybe but unlike Reading we have an owner with history,he is a true fan who watched us as a kid.He can trace back his family involvement on our board to the 70's. He is no foreign investor looking for a quick pay off from the premier league.

Yes. This is my point.

Edit: missed your bollocks about an owner with history. JM was put in a children's home in Reading as a child. He then strikes gold and reinvests shitload of money in the town, including buying the club that he supported when he had seemingly no prospects.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here