Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Registering a baby's birth

MidSussexSeagull

Nov 24, 2006
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I was recently made redundant and since then my wife has given birth to our first child (a Brighton fan of course). I know when you register the birth, you have to provide your occupation but I am reluctant for it to say i'm unemployed as i am yet to find a new role. I did hear from someone that if you are unemployed, you put your most recent job title there instead, but was wondering if there was anyone who had been in a similar situation who could confirm this for me as we have been putting off registering it to enable me to find a new job.

Thanks

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm a musician on my boy's birth certificate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:thumbsup: congrats.

The occupation is statistical. No one checks (in my case I doubt the registrar understood it). Put your last job.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I was recently made redundant and since then my wife has given birth to our first child (a Brighton fan of course). I know when you register the birth, you have to provide your occupation but I am reluctant for it to say i'm unemployed as i am yet to find a new role. I did hear from someone that if you are unemployed, you put your most recent job title there instead, but was wondering if there was anyone who had been in a similar situation who could confirm this for me as we have been putting off registering it to enable me to find a new job.

Thanks
As others have said just put your last occupation. Remember though you only have 42 days to register or the registrars will 'require' you to explain why you have not registered in time.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
Registared the birth of my second son this week. I have gave up work 18 months ago to be stay at home dad. but still put old occupation on form.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Can I just add my congrats and advise every bloke on here to make sure he is on the birth certificate - its so important as you get Parental Responsibility and unless you are married you will have to apply for it later which can be complicated.

Until men are wholly accepted as equal parents and carers in the eyes of society and until the law enforces equal rights to men PR is your only proof that you are entitled to medical or school reports. Without it you can be refused details or information.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here