Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar on Reading and Red Card

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
A reserved Oscar Garcia refused to criticise match official Fred Graham tonight, after he sent off his captain Gordon Greer during today's 1-1 draw with Reading.*
The Brighton & Hove Albion head coach, who saw his skipper dismissed with his side leading 1-0, told seagulls.co.uk, "It’s not important what I thought of the sending off – it is what the referee thought that is important.*
"Any questions on the sending off are for the referee and not for me, but until then we had the game under control. The referee sent him off and that changed the game completely. We were one-nil up and we expected a good second half with enough chances to win the game.
"[After the red card] we showed great character and I am proud of the performance. Even though we only had ten men we still created good chances and competed well against one of our rivals, with a strong squad and one extra player.
"We made positive substitutions because we wanted to pick up the three points and we knew that we could have some chances and we wanted to score that second goal."

Albion fans felt the reaction of the Reading players, after Greer's foul on Le Fondre, led to the captain's dismissal, but Oscar also refused to criticise the visitors - but did once again praise the vocal Amex crowd.
"It is not a question for me; I will not comment on other team's players. If it was my players I would comment, but until that happens I will not comment.*
"The supporters helped us a lot - especially after we went down to ten men - the atmosphere was outstanding. They acted as the 11th player for us and helped us to get a result.
"We will need them again on Tuesday, as we have another tough game against Queens Park Rangers. We will know tomorrow if we have any players back for Tuesday. It will be another massive test for us against a big side."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here