Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't get it ?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I accept that I'm probably in the minority on this but I thought our midfield play in the first half was quite good. The final ball was poor but from where I was sitting (south stand) we were exploiting the space we were creating quite well. Just a shame Dave's crosses were poor. Was impressed with Lingard too I have to say.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:laugh: I said the same thing to my mate at the time. Perhaps if we'd started with that front line we wouldn't have been in the predicament we were.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I accept that I'm probably in the minority on this but I thought our midfield play in the first half was quite good. The final ball was poor but from where I was sitting (south stand) we were exploiting the space we were creating quite well. Just a shame Dave's crosses were poor. Was impressed with Lingard too I have to say.

Good work rate and laid the ball off well, but had his chance to get away and bottled it in favour of not taking the man on and playing the safe backwards ball. I expected more from him in terms of heading for goal, looked exhausted after that run. Not dismissing him just was looking for more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem the new blue print is:-

- Be rock solid in defense.
- Nick a one goal lead.
- Then attack them in the last 30 minutes.

We're able to exploit the space the opposition have to leave while pushing for an equalizer.
As well as stopping them from all out attack.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We have been far too negative and cautious for a few months now. What happened to the attacking football we were promised when Oscar took charge?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
:laugh: I said the same thing to my mate at the time. Perhaps if we'd started with that front line we wouldn't have been in the predicament we were.

WHAT!!! You mean attack teams from the off??? Maybe get a goal or two in front without the need for penalties or own goals to help us??

tutut......Defend defend defend .......that's the answer

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We were woeful throughout. Reading moved the ball with far more purpose and tho I've not looked up the stats Reading must easily have had a couple of dozen shots off target. If they could have hit a cow's arse with a banjo the score would have been about 5-1 as a minimum. Just won't do. :nono:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It probably has something to do with Reading pushing further up the field and take the win, so we then had a better chsnce on the counter attack with more space on their back line for Ulloa to exploit.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Have to agree starting with 3 wide attacking players on the bench doesn't seem right to me!

I said the same in the match day thread before the game started. Should play at least two wingers and take the game to the opposition. Our line up at home seems most of the time that we're the away team. Makes no sense to me what so ever.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We were woeful throughout. Reading moved the ball with far more purpose and tho I've not looked up the stats Reading must easily have had a couple of dozen shots off target. If they could have hit a cow's arse with a banjo the score would have been about 5-1 as a minimum. Just won't do. :nono:

Any team that plays with ten men against a top six side i wouldn't call woeful throughout....just my opinion like

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
4-5-1 is a defensive formation.

4-5-1 is an even more defensive formation when you consider only 1 of those forward 6 players has any pace.

It's over 3 months since we scored more than once in the league, that's extremely poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here