Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer - past it?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Shown up today for being too slow to catch the opposition on the first yellow. 2nd card was also a caution like it or not.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Played for Scotland midweek, had a fantastic game. Playing twice in five days showed today, but clearly good enough.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Accomplished on the ball yes. Physically though the cracks have shown this season, exemplified by that first booking today of damage limitation by him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Got a feeling that we'll sell him if a bid is made over the summer from another Championship club and he'll be replaced by a Spanish import.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Here come the anti Greer collective who know more than Gordon Strachan,Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Shown up today for being too slow to catch the opposition on the first yellow. 2nd card was also a caution like it or not.

First yellow had nothing to do with being too slow, it was a quality foul to stop a goal scoring opportunity because of a mistake by Upson. You cannot blame Greer in the slightest for that in fact I bet you the first person to talk to Greer after the game was Upson apologising for putting him on a tightrope second half.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ladies and gentlemen, meet today's binfest target of NSC, our captain Gordon Greer!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've been critical of Greer in the early part of this season but recently I think he's been putting in solid performances. In a simple answer to the reactionary OP, no, I don't think he's past it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good captain, footballer and defender ..... but if we acquired a similarly good ball playing CB with youth and pace on his side ...to accompany the classy stopper Upson, that to me would make a rock solid central defensive unit and would be an improvement.

But I think the second yellow was very harsh - the ref made a name for himself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Agreed. He was a yard off the pace of the game today. And when he got the ball his distribution was poor.

Both yellows were soft but technically correct. In another game he might not have even got booked. But having got the first booking it was very naive to go in the way he did for the second.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
After Upson was put in the shit by Greer's aweful ball...

Correct. He cannot blame Upson who was desperately trying to get across to cover after GG's own error in the first place.

And the second was probably a booking regardless of whether the Reading players influenced the ref or not.

But none of that means he is not good enough. Still first choice with Upson for me

He made a costly mistake for us today but Drenthe was the best player on the pitch by a long way and did more than just Greer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here