Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer on Le Fondre....2d half...yellow or no yellow?

do you think it was worth a yellow card?

• No it wasn't worth a yellow

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • Yes it was worth a yellow

Votes: 42 36.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having listened to Radio Sussex on the way home ..it seems people are split between no yellow and yes deserved yellow hence red card....what do you think?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think it probably was however, the ref was about to let him off until the Reading players surrounded him, some of whom were encouraged by Adkins.

Yellow or not, it was football at its worst for me......

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really marginal. It was right in front of me and no doubt he just turned his shoulder into Le Fondre and stopped him in his tracks. If he hadn't have had the yellow in first half then it was a definite but given it was the second I think the ref could and should have shown a bit more restraint and given him a talking to.

I voted yes but it wasn't necessary or needed .... and shame on the Reading players for clearly influencing the decision.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
No doubt about it. Yellow card. I sit right in front of it. Ref (who was shit most of the game) got that one spot on.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I've seen the replay a couple of times. 2nd fairly cynical professional foul. Already been booked for that once, off you go. It was so predictable that I had called it at half time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder how we would have felt if it was the other way round....Le Fondre is a clever chappy and new what he was doing.....so fair play to him...though i didn't like him staying down until the 2nd yellow was given...the ref was so inconsistent ..but personally i don't think he had an option....but then he bottled it on a few other occasions..should have been some bookings for diving...and its hilarious that Tom got warned for time wasting considering what happened recently (Wigan goalie?).....overall he got the crowd going though didn't he!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I thought he had to go. Maybe the only correct decision the ref made in the entire game. The officials were among the least competent I have seen.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
After his first 'calculated' clumsy foul he was always likely to be caught for pace again with the same result. It's been coming with Greer and perhaps this season we have been lucky to get away with it up to now. For me both were clear yellows, which were designed to look slightly innocuous by a player who generally knows how to foul, and get away with it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Probably could have got away with a last warning but a player of his experience and already on a yellow should perhaps know better than to get into a position the forward exploit and give the ref a decision.

I'd have been calling for their player to be booked if it was the way round. Like the guy was booked for similar foul on Buckley late on.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Think it probably was however, the ref was about to let him off until the Reading players surrounded him, some of whom were encouraged by Adkins.

Yellow or not, it was football at its worst for me......

This - yellow or not, the ref wasn't going to award one till he got surrounded by players. Weak refereeing at its worst, and no wonder players behave like they do if it's so transparent that refs can be influenced like that

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably could have got away with a last warning but a player of his experience and already on a yellow should perhaps know better than to get into a position the forward exploit and give the ref a decision.

I'd have been calling for their player to be booked if it was the way round. Like the guy was booked for similar foul on Buckley late on.

That booking was for a far more cynical challenge; Buckley had skinned him for pace and it would've been a possible red if it had been further into their half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here