Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever seen that before?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
52 years of watching the Albion and never seen a corner bounce back off the post to the corner taker who was then brought up for kicking the ball twice. Caused some consternation with some fans in the East.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
But like the Greer 2nd yellow, the ref was 100% spot on! What shocked me is our doppy manager and his sidekick went straight to the 4th official to moan.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But like the Greer 2nd yellow, the ref was 100% spot on! What shocked me is our doppy manager and his sidekick went straight to the 4th official to moan.

Have to agree. Greer was responsible for the sending off, not the ref (who generally had a poor game)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Doppy?

Greer's first yellow...yes, fair enough. But the second? It was a clumsy foul, but if that sort of foul is now worthy of a yellow...well, it just isn't.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Have to agree. Greer was responsible for the sending off, not the ref (who generally had a poor game)

Whilst I think the RED was justified, I actually didn't think the ref was going to give a card until it all kicked off. Think his decision was somewhat helped by the fact reading made so much of a meal of it. You can understand it though....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

We get it you don't like Oscar but the red wasn't spot on. Happened right in front of me. A foul yes but the ref wasn't going to even give the card until the Reading players kicked off.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
52 years of watching the Albion and never seen a corner bounce back off the post to the corner taker who was then brought up for kicking the ball twice. Caused some consternation with some fans in the East.

not at all, and congrats to the ref for picking it up after a difficult 90 minutes off football.

a law of the game like many others - a lot of people in attendance did not no about

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Doppy?

Greer's first yellow...yes, fair enough. But the second? It was a clumsy foul, but if that sort of foul is now worthy of a yellow...well, it just isn't.
Yes it was. It was a clear booking. I was right in front of it, and said to my neighbour, "****ing hell, he got away with that", but obviously he didn't.

It was a clear booking. Also a very stupid booking considering he was booked. Yes hey, lets all blame the referee. Far easier to do that than face up to the truth!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
not at all, and congrats to the ref for picking it up after a difficult 90 minutes off football.

a law of the game like many others - a lot of people in attendance did not no about

Yep, like shirt pulling, which most refs, today's included, seem oblivious to.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We get it you don't like Oscar but the red wasn't spot on. Happened right in front of me. A foul yes but the ref wasn't going to even give the card until the Reading players kicked off.
It looked like that I agree. But Greer was on his toes lively and it took a while for the ref to get to him. I thought the ref was shit today, but I think he got the Greer booking spot on, and also the Solly March incident was correct even though half the ground took offense to it!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought everyone knew you couldnt pass to yourself from a dead ball

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It looked like that I agree. But Greer was on his toes lively and it took a while for the ref to get to him. I thought the ref was shit today, but I think he got the Greer booking spot on, and also the Solly March incident was correct even though half the ground took offense to it!

Difference of opinions I suppose. Agree with the corner call though even though the guy sitting next to me had to explain because I'd honestly never heard of the rule before

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thought everyone knew you couldnt pass to yourself from a dead ball

The chances of taking a corner and the ball hitting the post and rebounding back to you must be greater than winning the lottery.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The fact March was penalised was because of a change in the law caused by Everton's right-winger Sam Chedgzoy taking and dribbling a corner into the net against Arsenal in 1924. And no, I don't have footage of it!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yep was amazing. I've beer seen it before and for a few seconds I didn't know why the ref had blown then I worked it out. Makes sense I suppose.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Glad you've cleared up what it was about, From where I was sat it looked like March nearly caught the keeper out at his near post and the keeper got a hand to it and palmed it back out to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here