Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Officials- What a joke.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ref gave out unnecessary cards all over the place, linesmen made numerous incorrect offside decisions and why oh why was there 6 minutes injury time? Where do they get these officials from and how are they officiating in the Championship? Disgrace.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
One word to describe the ref
I don't think I need to elaborate anymore what that word is

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One of the great mysteries of football is why in a sport that is so popular that people people pay good money to watch they leave such amateur clowns to officiate it.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Ref gave out unnecessary cards all over the place, linesmen made numerous incorrect offside decisions and why oh why was there 6 minutes injury time? Where do they get these officials from and how are they officiating in the Championship? Disgrace.

disagree

easy to blame the officials.

i blame our skipper.
what a stupid challenge to make on the 55th minute when already cautioned.
He knew what he had done, he knew he was walking that's why he got away from the scene asap.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min
id say you could easily find 2.5 minutes from injures, time wasting and the length of time it took for the red to happen.

big decision correct,
little fouls, pushes etc are always open to interpretation and he had more than his fair share to judge today. both teams didn't help.

offside's looked good to me, its amazing to know how many people still do not know if you are in an offside position, balls played forward and you step back in to your own half to receive the ball, its offside - eg ulloa

and what do we think about solly's corner, why did the ref give a free kick - it never went out of play
hmmmmmmmmmmmm useless &&&&

in the laws of the game, which obviously a lot of people know well, you are not allowed to play the ball twice from a corner, or throw in.
or its an indirect free kick

but everyone knew that

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The lino with the all yellow flag was very poor too, i thought he was going to be bad after a few minutes when the ball went out of play (just) and landed a few yards infield but it took the lino 4 to 5 seconds to flag it. This was then closely followed by the obvious header out for a throw by a Brighton player (Ulloa?) only for the lino to give it as a throw to us (over-ruled by the ref)

Regarding the ref, if they all officiated in the same manner it wouldn't be such an issue but he seemed very happy to try to let play carry on where other officials this season would have blown up for something far less had they done this game too. He seemed very easily persuded by the Reading team when it came to bookings after a foul when other, worse challenges hadn't even been a free kick.

Reading players were also diving left, right and centre (reminiscent of Southampton in Div one when Atkins was in charge) yet the ref failed to book anyone for diving which was poor officiating imo as they were clearly trying to cheat.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
disagree

i blame our skipper.
He knew what he had done, he knew he was walking that's why he got away from the scene asap.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min
id say you could easily find 2.5 minutes from injures, time wasting and the length of time it took for the red to happen.

big decision correct,
little fouls, pushes etc are always open to interpretation and he had more than his fair share to judge today. both teams didn't help.

offside's looked good to me, its amazing to know how many people still do not know if you are in an offside position, balls played forward and you step back in to your own half to receive the ball, its offside - eg ulloa

and what do we think about solly's corner, why did the ref give a free kick - it never went out of play

in the laws of the game, which obviously a lot of people know well, you are not allowed to play the ball twice from a corner, or throw in.

but everyone knew that

You can tell whether the players rate a ref by whether he is influenced or not. Greer's 2nd challenge was never a yellow and wasn't going to be until the Reading players were up in arms. Then players from both sides started diving all over the place conning the ref. I was in line with the lino in the first half and he gave at least two incorrect offsides against Lingard alone.

Beardie

Oct 25, 2009
disagree

i blame our skipper.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min

big decision correct,

but everyone knew that

Take your blue and white specs off!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The lino with the all yellow flag was very poor too

He wasn't that good!! Totally shameful, his delayed reaction in raising his flag was indecisiveness personified. The offside flag he raised about half way through the first half was a gaff of huge proportions.

Sod tradition, bring in some sort of video arbitrator and "x" challenges, like tennis

D

Deleted member 2719

The lino with the all yellow flag was very poor too, i thought he was going to be bad after a few minutes when the ball went out of play (just) and landed a few yards infield but it took the lino 4 to 5 seconds to flag it. This was then closely followed by the obvious header out for a throw by a Brighton player (Ulloa?) only for the lino to give it as a throw to us (over-ruled by the ref)

Regarding the ref, if they all officiated in the same manner it wouldn't be such an issue but he seemed very happy to try to let play carry on where other officials this season would have blown up for something far less had they done this game too. He seemed very easily persuded by the Reading team when it came to bookings after a foul when other, worse challenges hadn't even been a free kick.

Reading players were also diving left, right and centre (reminiscent of Southampton in Div one when Atkins was in charge) yet the ref failed to book anyone for diving which was poor officiating imo as they were clearly trying to cheat.

Yes Greer cocked up, but there centre back should have had a second yellow too. Ref inconsistent and bias imo.

You are sounding like a ref sir.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
disagree

i blame our skipper.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min

big decision correct,

but everyone knew that

Same applies to a penalty kick , if it hits the post and comes back to you touching the ball again isn't allowed.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
disagree

i blame our skipper.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min

big decision correct,

but everyone knew that
as you know so much why dont you become a ref , your would be as good as the one today

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Greer didn't dive in - he stayed on his feet. The attacker knew exactly what he wanted to do and that was draw the foul. He knocked the ball past Greer but ran straight at GG rather than the ball which would have seen him take a different route

C

CT1

disagree

i blame our skipper.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min

big decision correct,

but everyone knew that

Such a good post. How the referee can be blamed for this result is a joke. You could argue that Greer's challenge was more careless than reckless, but why give him that decision to make? I blame Greer the unnecessary challenge.

There was one decision from the linesman who I was bang in line with when Lopez received the ball which I felt the assistant got wrong, but apart from that, can't complain about anything. Like you say, the game was officiated in accordance with the laws of the game, laws of the game which so many of our fans are unaware of.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
disagree

i blame our skipper.

6 minutes added on?
6 subs, 1 goal = 3.5min

big decision correct,

but everyone knew that

Erm...i did know that...and some of your points seem valid...but he was still a nob who was very much ''look at me'' ...some of his decisions were puzzling to say the least...but then his 2 assistants were numpties

briref

Aug 12, 2008
as you know so much why dont you become a ref , your would be as good as the one today

well i am.
believe it or not there is a clue in the username.

i look at the game from a referee's point of view, without going to a game as a bhafc supporter expecting every decision to go to my chosen team.

it is a bloody hard job, i have been doing it 13 years and is a thankless task.

today, he got the big decisions correct and did not affect the result of the game.

if you are looking for a scapegoat try our captain, but we cant criticise our own.

contact me, i will point you in the direction of a course.

you too like me can train 5 days a week
do 4 games a week
travel to rye for £30 on a Tuesday night
attend 6 meeting a month
pass yearly fitness test, 12600 meters in 12 minutes
mentor schemes and assessments

it would give you far more of an idea about refereeing and change your opinion about football

I would say i am a fair better judge on a referee's performance, than your regular supporter who watches 90 minutes - 23 times a season after a few beers in my belly

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Such a good post. How the referee can be blamed for this result is a joke. You could argue that Greer's challenge was more careless than reckless, but why give him that decision to make? I blame Greer the unnecessary challenge.

There was one decision from the linesman who I was bang in line with when Lopez received the ball which I felt the assistant got wrong, but apart from that, can't complain about anything. Like you say, the game was officiated in accordance with the laws of the game, laws of the game which so many of our fans are unaware of.

most sensible post of 2014?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here