upson-press-07mar14-ld229-1404593_478x359.jpg

Matthew Upson being interviewed by Seagulls Player
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:36 8th March 2014
by Ben Soro-Perez
It’s a huge point in the season"
Matthew Upson
Renew your season ticket before 5pm on Thursday 13th*March to secure your seat!***********************
This applies to upfront payers only.

Matthew Upson admits the next two games could play a vital role in Brighton & Hove Albion’s playoff push.*
The former England international believes that Reading and QPR will test Albion’s credentials but says there is still a long way to go before anything is decided.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “These two games are going to shape the remainder of the season but, even if the results don’t go our way, there is still a lot of football to be played so we’re in a good place.*
upson-l229-1400701.jpg

“The teams are very evenly matched and I felt our performance away at Reading earlier in the season was excellent and we were unlucky not to leave with the three points.*
“It’s bizarre how we have this kind of fixture build-up towards the end of the season but that’s the way it is and it’s the same for everyone and no one gets off lightly.*
“It’s a huge point in the season. And it’s a real test of the strength in depth and fitness of the teams.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Upson also spoke of the partnership he has formed with Gordon Greer in the heart of Albion’s defence – one that has seen the side emerge as the second tightest defence in the league .
The centre back added, “Gordon and I understand each other and we’ve played together for over a year now.*
“We communicate well and we understand the game and where people need to be so we try to remain organised and keep us in as good a shape as possible.*
greer-l229-1401973.jpg

“It’s something we’ve worked very hard on collectively as a team to achieve and it’s a vital part of the game. *
“It’s no different to the attacking element of the game – you’re always looking to improve and get better and we’ve still got room to do that.*
“He [Greer] is in a great place to go and stamp a real claim for a regular shirt with Scotland and I believe his performances have warranted that and good luck to him, I hope he does well.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here