Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Create a new sitcom / soap set in Brighton..

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
If you were going to create a new sitcom or soap (non football related) set in Brighton what would it be?

Who are the characters?
Will it be comedy or serious day to day issues ?
what would be your opening subject matter for episode 1?
what current actors would you pick as characters?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not so much a soap but more a fly on the wall reality show, similar to The Call Centre but based in a busy taxi office.

I say this because last weekend I went into Arrow Cars at Worthing station, and it was fascinating. There were about 8 people on the phones, some hilarious conversations with customers, drunk people demanding cabs, abusive people pissed off because their cab was late, drivers with their stories to tell. If they can make a program about a chicken shop, then they could make one about a cab office !

Oct 25, 2003
I work in a homeless day centre. The absolute rollercoaster of emotions I have during a single day is incredible. People tarnish the street community with one brush but since working with them I've met some of the funniest, most intelligent, honest, rudest, unpleasent,friendliest, desperate, hopeful people i've ever met. It's such a mixed bag

not so much a soap but more a fly on the wall reality show, similar to the call centre but based in a busy taxi office.

I say this because last weekend i went into arrow cars at worthing station, and it was fascinating. There were about 8 people on the phones, some hilarious conversations with customers, drunk people demanding cabs, abusive people pissed off because their cab was late, drivers with their stories to tell. If they can make a program about a chicken shop, then they could make one about a cab office !

plenty of cabbie stories out there:wink:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
What about a sitcom called "Dicks". Set in a gay bar owned by a metrosexual hairdresser called Paulie Hotspur.

Times are hard, money's TIGHT. The latest 'Sausage and Babycham' promotion has bombed.

Along comes multi-billionaire, Antoni. INJECTS large amounts into the business. Forces out the longtime diehard customers and strives to replace them with corporate JCLs in his new Levi 501 lounge with live streaming and high class seafood baguettes.

In the first episode someone makes a bit of a 'Bobby Sands' in the gladees loo and all hell breaks loose.
Paulie is suspended and eventually replaced with an up and coming Spanish hotel worker from Benidorm.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
A ginger bearded football genius signs from Swansea. With hilarious consequences.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Not so much a soap but more a fly on the wall reality show, similar to The Call Centre but based in a busy taxi office.

I say this because last weekend I went into Arrow Cars at Worthing station, and it was fascinating. There were about 8 people on the phones, some hilarious conversations with customers, drunk people demanding cabs, abusive people pissed off because their cab was late, drivers with their stories to tell. If they can make a program about a chicken shop, then they could make one about a cab office !

I like this idea, imagine the stories

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
How about a sitcom called Pier Pressure, based on the day to day shenagans on the Palace Pier and their hilarious rivalries with their erstwhile 'peers' a mile to the West of them.............. .........,......... Duoh!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bring back Sugar Rush
sugar-rush_625x352.jpg

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007

Some of my brother in laws work for them and they usual have a tale or two at times. That is actually a good idea!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dog Grooming & HOTEL
House of Hugo filming started 10 episode series @ Shoreham. Sold to Uk & Oz TV... Crazy dogs and owners wanted

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Sequel to Sugar Rush, called Tudor Close, named after the epynominous (or whatever) pub in South Ferring where he gets caught up in village life - really a cross between Brookside and Howards Way with cameos from local millionaires, sports personalities and local people, the major plot centered around the potential introduction of a new beer from Lewes. This would involve Harveys reps becoming involved with barmaids, feuds, relationships, scandal with OG heading the brewery and trying to keep the peace whilst trying to simaltanously sustain the Premier League aspirations of a local football team. To calm matters, he would bring in Inigo Calderon as the new head barman whilst there was interference from a former Palace director living in the locality.................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here