Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Utd to win promotion from lge 1...

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Ok, bit of a long shot, but Sheffield Utd are on fire right now. Nigel Clough is sure doing a fantastic job there, isn't he?
They have won their last 8 in all competitions, and their last 6 league one games. The latest was against Posh, the very team they would need to leapfrog to sneak into the play offs. The top 5 have pulled away, so there is just 6th place up for grabs. The question is, can they maintain it & is there enough games left in the season? Which is 13 btw. Two things which put me off a bit, is they still have their Fa cup as a distraction(welcome for their fans obviously), and 8 points as things stand to make up on Peterboro who look to have a relatively easy home game v Crewe tomorrow. Not sure Posh will drop enough points. But 20/1 looks a fair price to me. They were 25s the other day, but maybe Walsall losing midweek is the reason.
Thoughts? I know this isn't Albion related, though we do have an interest in the outcome of SU v Charlton, with our fixture v Charlton needing to be rearranged should they progress to the semis.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hmmm. Can they make up the eight points to catch Peterborough? Yes. However you have to consider all the other teams around them, plus factor in the lottery of the play offs. A tall order but I can see why you fancy it.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Hmmm. Can they make up the eight points to catch Peterborough? Yes. However you have to consider all the other teams around them, plus factor in the lottery of the play offs. A tall order but I can see why you fancy it.

Good point. Getting to the play offs is the 1st hurdle, they still would have to win them! I think with their momentum,IF they can maintain it, they can easily overtake MK Dons, Swindon, Walsall(the 3 teams above them, only by a few points but with a game in hand). It's Peterboro who would be the worry. Gotta be worth a fiver...

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
While I love seeing the piggies playing in a pub league I do miss the derby matches so wouldn't mind them coming up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here