Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Women: Reserves in Title Push

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Ed Stimpson’s side are currently unbeaten and sit top of the Reserves Southern Division, knowing that they can claim the title by equalling Charlton’s result away at Tottenham.
The reserve team coach has been delighted with the progress of his side, but insists the main priority is producing players that are ready to step up to John Donoghue’s first-team squad.

He told seagulls.co.uk, “I expected it to be a good season with the quality of the players that we had, but to be unbeaten and go top of the table with two games to go was beyond my expectations.“However, the main priority is to prepare the players and make sure they’re ready for first-team football.
“Ellie Chandler played for the first-team last weekend, while Amy Green and Claire Capon are now becoming regular players in the squad as well.
“We’re playing well on the pitch, but also achieving the goals of getting players into the first-team as well.”
Stimpson admits he is not getting carried away with the prospect of winning the league and is just focusing on the two away games against the Gills and Tottenham.
“It would be great to win the league and it would mean so much to the girls as well, but we’ve still got two tough away games at Gillingham and then against Tottenham.
“We may have beaten both teams already, but they’re still very good sides and we’re aware of the threats both teams pose.
“I must say that John has given me fantastic support since he joined the club. He’s always available on the phone to give me advice, as this is my first job in senior football. Having Dan Wright with me has also been great, as I can bounce some ideas off him and get a different perspective on things.
“Everyone has been incredibly supportive.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here