Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Power

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He missed so many doubles but was unlucky busting twice on 130 with successive darts. Perhaps it is time to retire to his bar in Teneriffe.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Why should he retire?

He's still a top 10 player, still loves the game and is the biggest draw for the crowds.

He's definitely not the player he once was, but if he is still enjoying it, let him carry on as long as wants.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Has anyone made a "The Power has Gone Out" joke yet?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
don't watch much darts but every time I see Taylor he always rips the dartboard off the wall at the end of his match,why does he do that?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Phil is committed to the Premier League but after that who knows? Sky would offer him a job in the commentary box - either Harrington or Mardle would have to move on.

There's so much else he could do too - PDC ambassador to develop the sport around the world, bridge-builder with the BDO, developing the sport from grass roots. Definitely time to retire in the summer, mainly because there are so many opportunities in the sport away from the oche.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whatever he does, and whenever he does it, he'll always be a complete legend. Very much doubt to see any sport dominated to such a degree, over such a long time, in my lifetime again. Nice bloke too by all accounts.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
don't watch much darts but every time I see Taylor he always rips the dartboard off the wall at the end of his match,why does he do that?

When he wins a big match, he gets it signed by everyone on the stage. Proceeds go to charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here