Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Bassett England Manager

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Whenever I think of Roy Hodgson and the World Cup, I can't help but recall the mega blockbuster movie depicting England's fictional travails in Brazil. Must dig out the DVD again in preparation.

can we go one better than dear Mr Bassett and win the real thing?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
England are currently 28/1 to win the World Cup this summer...

For anyone that doesn't understand odds and betting that means if you place a £10 bet you will lose £10.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Let me just leave this here....

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Hodgson is the reason England won't win it. Or even get close. He's a dinosaur. Shouldn't be anywhere near the job. The Scousers worked him out in less than 6 months. He's a fraud. England actually have some genuinely exciting players coming through, Hodgson hasn't a clue what to do with them.....England will play 4-4-f***ing 2.....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hodgson is the reason England won't win it. Or even get close. He's a dinosaur. Shouldn't be anywhere near the job. The Scousers worked him out in less than 6 months. He's a fraud. England actually have some genuinely exciting players coming through, Hodgson hasn't a clue what to do with them.....England will play 4-4-f***ing 2.....

Rubbish. England won't win it because they aren't good enough, same as every tournament for the last 48 years. Hodgson is the best and most experienced English manager there is. But that's part of the problem, there are no world class English managers, and there are no world class English players, with the possible exceptions of Rooney and Wilshere on their day.

Until we change the way we teach kids how to play the game, and overhaul the whole coaching setup and culture in this country, we won't be winning anything. We are light years behind Spain, Brazil, Portugal, Italy etc in this department, and it's not going to change any time soon. Which is a very depressing thought. Fortunately, the Albion seem to be one of the few clubs in the country that seem to want to do things like the top footballing nations in the world, so at least we get to enjoy that.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
England won't win because our players aren't good enough, nothing to do with Roy Hodgson.

Do you think Danny Welbeck would get in the Germany squad, or Chris Smalling in the Spain squad?

I actually think we might have a chance in 4/8 years, because right now there are more exciting youngsters coming through than throughout my lifetime.

Right now, its too soon for the kids and the players in their prime simply aren't much good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here