Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guns N' Roses

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Rock n Roll as it should be! Young, pretentious, loud, full of twaddle, but full of passion .......and probably drugs! Lies was completely antagonistic, Appetite was the zenith, Illusion was so obvious but nonetheless enjoyable.

Spaghetti Incident.......Axl would have liked it to get anywhere near incident level.....

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Saw them twice live (in their prime) and they were OKish.

Pretty rubbish after the first album but I did like that thing they did for Terminator whatever.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Saw them at Wembly in 91, loved it. Although I felt a little out of place not wearing black or leather.

Appetite is one of the best Albums ever made.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw them at Wembly in 91, loved it. Although I felt a little out of place not wearing black or leather.

Appetite is one of the best Albums ever made.

Agree completely, Appetite is and will always be one of the very best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree completely, Appetite is and will always be one of the very best.

This. Apparently it still shifts 100k a year. Saw them at Donington in the 80s as a teen just as they hitting the big time: awesome.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
True legends, the proof of that (to me) being that although I'm too young to have remembered or seen then in their prime I still know (and very much like) all of their stuff.

Also worth mentioning that G'n'R effectively spawnesd Velvet Revolver, who I had the joy of seeing at the brighton centre a few years back (I usually can't stand people taking pictures at a gig but this was my exception, it's my profile picture) along with other 'not bad' offshoots; Izzy and the JuJu Hounds, Slash's Snakepit and 'Slash & Friends' x 2.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Due to this thread I have just found a few vids on 'Vevo' that I have never seen. Just watched 'Estranged', a song that I think is brilliant, but the video? Axl really was fxxked up back then, and probably is now still!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Love the band, but sadly got into them towards the end and never got to see them. A very good friend of mine was a chauffeur and drove the band the night of the Freddie Mercury tribute gig at Wembley, although Axl refused to get in the same car as the others, as it was during the time when they all fell out.

My mate told me how he had to help carry Slash back to the limo after the gig as he was so trashed. He then had to pick him up the following morning from a London hotel, and said Slash was sitting on a wall outside swigging a bottle of JD. How rock & roll!

If you get the chance to read Slash's autobiography give it a go, its a great read and talks about what an arse Axl became before they split. How Slash is still around if half of what he says is true is surprising. Love their music and am listening to Appetite now which is one of my all time favourite albums.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Love the band, but sadly got into them towards the end and never got to see them. A very good friend of mine was a chauffeur and drove the band the night of the Freddie Mercury tribute gig at Wembley, although Axl refused to get in the same car as the others, as it was during the time when they all fell out.

My mate told me how he had to help carry Slash back to the limo after the gig as he was so trashed. He then had to pick him up the following morning from a London hotel, and said Slash was sitting on a wall outside swigging a bottle of JD. How rock & roll!

If you get the chance to read Slash's autobiography give it a go, its a great read and talks about what an arse Axl became before they split. How Slash is still around if half of what he says is true is surprising. Love their music and am listening to Appetite now which is one of my all time favourite albums.

I read Slash's autobiograpthy the other year, it was a mental read, I dont know how he is still alive :rock:

Axel Rose is a tw@t though, even by the way he carried on now.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I read Slash's autobiograpthy the other year, it was a mental read, I dont know how he is still alive :rock:

It really is a great read, if you're up for more Slash fun I highly recommend a podcast on the nerdist.com with him as guest. The man loves dinosaurs, who knew?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The mid to late 80s was an amazing time for rock music. I dug out some of my old Kerrange magazines a year or so ago; gigs by the big names at Hammersmith Odeon were £5 a throw and no booking fee; all you needed was a cheque/PO and an SAE. There were few bands I didn't see and I was a regular in Shades Records. Happy days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thanks for the tip. I recently enjoyed Mick Wall's Metallica book. A great read even though I know a lot about them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here